Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas check sticker (replacement)

S

scottjamesmackay

Guest User
It looks like I may lose the original gas check sticker (see photo) from the rear tailgate due to a bodywork repair. Does anyone know how to get a replacement, other than (presumably) directly from VW IMG_5602.JPG ?

You can peel it off and stick it in the cupboard so you still have it. Didn't like it on the back.

Mike

It looks like I may lose the original gas check sticker (see photo) from the rear tailgate due to a bodywork repair. Does anyone know how to get a replacement, other than (presumably) directly from VW View attachment 21756 ?
If you are worried that you need it officially then don't as it is only required on German registered vehicles.

our came off day one

But it sais 2013' , so surely it is out of date, and worse than invalid, advertising that it is out of date??
I was wondering, as mine expires soon, wether there is a neat little sticker that just lets the emergency sévices know there is gas in board?

Thanks Matt, thén I guess I like this one
Cos it would be understood around Europe, and by those who know what LPG is, and by lay folk , who know that fire is dangeroushttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Gas-Highly-Flammable-Sticker-Car-Van-Caravan-Boat-Safety-Warning-Red-Sign-/230857692234?var=&hash=item35c030d44a:m:moiimH59s2cx9mFuoL8Eliw

Is there a risk that an LPG sticker may be misunderstood as meaning the vehicle is powered by LPG rather than being carried for leisure purposes?

Is there a risk that an LPG sticker may be misunderstood as meaning the vehicle is powered by LPG rather than being carried for leisure purposes?
Does it matter. LPG is on board and is an explosion risk.

Good grief!

All this angst and navel-gazing.

The Cali carries a 907 gas cylinder. 4 happy christmas candles probably carries more risk than a bottle sealed behind a whole truckload of safety warnings.

50 years ago I was burned requiring hospital treatment after a cow fell over, stumbled, slid into my Itisa one-woman mountain tent, ruptured a small gas canister that then exploded searing one eye-brow. Sh*t happens.

So my Cali impacts a challenger tank en route to the Brecon Beacons, erupts into a fireball caused by me not turning off any one of a multitude of cut offs, ignites the tank which then explodes as all the 120mm ammunition simultaneously detonates, causing a seismic wave that Donald Trump assumes can only come from North Korea and nukes the place!

Ok. I like to have a cup of tea in the morning. Anyone truly objects to me putting the gas on?
I guess you are right Jen?IMG_2506.JPG

But if it doesn't go up then the Rescue services would probably appreciate knowing it's not just petrol or diesel they're dealing with.:thumb

If people are hurt it is tragic. However the gas bottle in the Cali is as safe as it can be assuming proper care has been taken to maintain the integrity of the system. Compare the location of that bottle for example to a couple of cylinders carted around in flimsy lockers at the front of a caravan.

If people are hurt it is tragic. However the gas bottle in the Cali is as safe as it can be assuming proper care has been taken to maintain the integrity of the system. Compare the location of that bottle for example to a couple of cylinders carted around in flimsy lockers at the front of a caravan.
I was sort of joking Jen, but, like Welshgas sais, ...and i have a few paramedic friends, who share their experiences, it would be good to let them know what they are dealing with.....just like airbag explosive charge stickers.

My apologies for any offence caused by my tongue in cheek posts.

This morning is not a good one for me.

LOL I don't think any offence was caused.

I'm going for a magnetic LPG sticker so i can remove it when I have no gas in there. As others say its purely for the emergency services to know what they are dealing with.

No offence taken by me.

Thank you.

I was up rather late last night. One of the people I will be having dinner with in two days time when I go to Saddleworth had gone to a concert with her friend and two children. They were rather late coming home. I found myself writing all sorts of garbage in all sorts of odd places as I waited for the phone to ring.

Did anyone ever discover whether replacement stickers are available? It looks like I'm going to have to have some bodywork done on the lower panel of the tailgate and the sticker will be a victim. I'd like my van to be as original as possible, so would like to retain it if I can.

The sticker is to show that the gas system has been checked by a professional gas
system checker.

Each time the Cali goes for an MOT the gas system gets checked at the same time, if
you fail the gas check, you fail the MOT.

Happens every 2 years. Germany only. i think.

The sticker is to show that the gas system has been checked by a professional gas
system checker.

Each time the Cali goes for an MOT the gas system gets checked at the same time, if
you fail the gas check, you fail the MOT.

Happens every 2 years. Germany only. i think.
Correct. No requirement in UK unless it is a Hire Vehicle.

Yes, that's understood. It doesn't help me get a replacement sticker though!! I think this is an impossible task.

Yes, that's understood. It doesn't help me get a replacement sticker though!! I think this is an impossible task.
You might be able to get a vinyl one printed from a photograph. Not exactly original but close.

Have they stopped putting them on now? I for one didn't get one and come to think of it, I had to attach the adapter to the hose too so what do they check?