Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas connector left hand thread - T5 California

Daniel58

Daniel58

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I am trying to remove the gas pipe. Before I am going to use a stronger tool, I wondered if all the connectors are left hand threads, as it is usual for gas installations? I have got the VW T5 California from 2005.

This is the joint between the part with the black tap on it and the yellow pressure regulator?
Yes it is a reverse thread and you shouldn't need a strong tool to undo it. They are meant to be done up to finger tight only.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I didn’t mean the one towards the pressure regulator, but the one in the other end where the hose leaves the gas bottle container towards the wall. But I think they all are left hand threads. Someone who owned the car and didn't know about left hand threads must have tidened it to much.

You mean where the brass connector with the black tap fits on to the cylinder? That is a conventional anti-clockwise thread to remove it. If you remove the regulator with the silver connector part first it is easier to get it off.

With "conventional anti-clockwise" you mean right hand threaded? The regulator has nothing to do with it. My problem is at the other end of the hose, where it leaves the box. I only need to know if this connecter is left or right hand threaded. Because it is so tight. I am going to take a picture to show ypou what I mean.

I learned recently that gas bottles have threads the wrong way so you can't connect anything else to them by mistake. I know nothing about such things, but someone told me when we were discussing gas bottles!

With "conventional anti-clockwise" you mean right hand threaded? The regulator has nothing to do with it. My problem is at the other end of the hose, where it leaves the box. I only need to know if this connecter is left or right hand threaded. Because it is so tight. I am going to take a picture to show ypou what I mean.
This one is a normal thread, mine was very tight when i replaced the hose pipe

Back