Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas hose replacement

Cwoods1405

Cwoods1405

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
47754DD4-FF89-4D90-B1D6-4C45F6C08D9C.jpeg I have had a gas soundness check done on my 2011 California se. In short the hose needs replacing. I have looked at the photo of the replacement hose but it looks quite different to what I have in my van. In a nut shell my hose is crimped to the union nut that attaches to the regulator and the internal system Could someone explain how the hose kit replaces this please

Regards Clive

I had the hose and regulator replaced last year.
Have you got the right kit ?VW gas regulator .jpg

Hi there
It seems you have the same set up as I. My question was does the kit supplied by the shop do the job or do I need to go to vw?
Regards Clive

The kit in the shop is genuine kit fitted at the factory.

Wondered if there was anyone out there that had used the kit to replace the hose and if so how
The picture of the kit does not show if the ends of the hose has the crimped on fittings

Better to change the whole set including the valve at the same time ....
Yours is a 2011 make
@westfalia his is a 2017 make

There is everything you need nuts olives hose and washers tried and tested

I am real trouble getting a replacement gas canister attached as the hose seems really short and I do not have enough hands to hold the cylinder on the edge of the shelf, hold the shifting spanner and the connector. I was thinking if the hose was longer I could bring the canister right out and put it on a flat surface and reconnect it then put it back in its place. Is it safe to use a longer pice of hose? My Cali is 2010- should I buy a new kit as discussed earlier in this feed? Is the hose that comes with the kit longer that the original or shall I still have my problem? Thanks Jennie

I am real trouble getting a replacement gas canister attached as the hose seems really short and I do not have enough hands to hold the cylinder on the edge of the shelf, hold the shifting spanner and the connector. I was thinking if the hose was longer I could bring the canister right out and put it on a flat surface and reconnect it then put it back in its place. Is it safe to use a longer pice of hose? My Cali is 2010- should I buy a new kit as discussed earlier in this feed? Is the hose that comes with the kit longer that the original or shall I still have my problem? Thanks Jennie

You need to put the botlle down in the holder and then attatch the regulator on the botlle.