Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas level

N

NetCo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone sussed out a good gadget to reveal how much gas is left in the bottle?

Probably your best bet is to weigh it... I haven't seen any accurate way to monitor when in use.

Anyone sussed out a good gadget to reveal how much gas is left in the bottle?
The only accurate way is to remove and weigh to determine the amount of gas, or carry a spare 904 or 901 cylinder.

Small luggage scales - easy to store and sufficient to weigh gas bottles.

After a while you get into the "who gives a sh*t" mode.

My indicator is when pressure drops off and most of the flame is yellow.

In those types of scenarios I either do without and wait until I get home or go online and find the nearest supplier.

After a while of nothing I get twitchy, I know it's imminent although imminent could mean several nights camping off EHU, so I pack a bistro-stove and a couple of bottles in the back. If it comes to the worst scenario then without very much fuss I can go several days living off that until I get back into civilisation and find a supplier.

an alternative is to pour hot water on the side of it. Where the side of the bottle is cold, that’s how much gas is left in it.

The exact net weight (tarra) of the bottle is hammered into the bottom ring. The difference between the scale measurement minus tarra is the weight of the gas.
Since it is always guessing (and a hassle to get the bottle out) I have bought a small 901 as a backup gas bottle.