Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Stove

P

Pesce

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,
Yesterday I've tried to cook somethings on the Cali gas stove but it doesn't work!

When I've cleaned the sink and the stove I've used water, maybe too much.. :headbang
I think that water is going down the gas hole and now i have water in the gas pipe!!

sing, what i can do for cleaning this water out?

Thanks ;)

I know it's maybe obvious but are you sure the gas bottle has gas in it? We hired a converted van last year and the gas bottle was empty, took me ages to find out why the burner wouldn't work.

True but, when i try to switch on the gas make a strange noise.. like "burbs"

I will check the gas bottle anyhow :thumb

Is the gas isolating valve on, it's in the at the top next to the fridge.

1) very much doubt you have water in pipeline, unless you drowned the burners.
2) the gas pressure would stop ingress of water.
3) how often do you use the burners?

Blow gently with high pressure air in the (drowned) burner , let it dry and try again?
As said check gas supply and the two valves( one in the back on the botle and the other under the cooker itself)

Now one of the two works... Gas bottle is ok, the two valves are open.. What I can do?

If yours is the same as ours, there are two torx screws holding the plate on the top of each burner. If you remove these you can check for debris covering the jet underneath. Funny enough this happened to us last weekend and I was just about able to use the little screwdriver thing on my penknife to undo the screws on the affected burner.

• Agree
Reactions: DM
If yours is the same as ours, there are two torx screws holding the plate on the top of each burner. If you remove these you can check for debris covering the jet underneath. Funny enough this happened to us last weekend and I was just about able to use the little screwdriver thing on my penknife to undo the screws on the affected burner.

Thank you!
I've removed the plate and cleaned. Now they work very well :)

Cheers
Stefano

My gas is working (have to push the knob down initially) but the spark button (is it called a pizzo) doesn't produce a spark. I tried with ignition key on but still no luck. Am I missing something? Thanks

My gas is working (have to push the knob down initially) but the spark button (is it called a pizzo) doesn't produce a spark. I tried with ignition key on but still no luck. Am I missing something? Thanks
The Gas knob is turned to High position and then Depressed and held while pressing the Ignition button a few times until gas lights. Continue Depressing the Gas knob for a few seconds with gas lite and then let go and adjust from High to Low.
There is no electrical connection to the Piezo Gas Igniter so doesn't matter if ignition is on or off.

and if all fails try a match

The Gas knob is turned to High position and then Depressed and held while pressing the Ignition button a few times until gas lights. Continue Depressing the Gas knob for a few seconds with gas lite and then let go and adjust from High to Low.
There is no electrical connection to the Piezo Gas Igniter so doesn't matter if ignition is on or off.

Tried it out again today. The left burner fires up sometimes but the right burner not at all. The gas is definitely coming through as I can light both rings with a lighter. Anything to check before I visit a dealer? Thanks

Any news on the fix as mines the same. Right ring won't light

Have you tried lighting it with a match ?
Yes mate. Lights OK. I'm at work now so might check out the wiring tomorrow. Its not important I suppose but I like to try and fix stuff.

Make sure you are getting a spark. If not, you can check the wiring to the igniter under the hob. Spacing on these piezos can make a difference but I don't know if if can be altered on the stove.

Yes mate. Lights OK. I'm at work now so might check out the wiring tomorrow. Its not important I suppose but I like to try and fix stuff.
Item 10.

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 07.34.51.jpg

well I had a look today and indeed one wire was off the spark generator, just plugged it back on and both rings fire up a treat now.