Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Tap Seals?

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I will soon be changing the Camping Gaz cylinder & thought it would be a good idea to change the 2 seals on the gas tap at the same time (doesn't need to be at the same time, of course).

But I have not found the right seals anywhere.

This is my tap & seals (I suppose everybody had the same originally?):

P1040369_zpsnoipwjkl.jpg

P1040371_zpslgidnz0d.jpg

P1040372_zpshxrmzjly.jpg

The VW parts list shows the tap but not the seals:

gasparts_zpsxa1zkjvh.jpg

I found the tap on the original supplier's site:
http://www.gok-online.de/de/produkt.../camping-leitungssystem/gasflaschenventil.php
There seem to be 2 models & I think mine is the KLF (G12?) but not sure.
They give a part number (10 017 22) for the seal to the regulator but no dimensions.

I can easily find the tap on internet, for example:
http://www.socal.co.uk/toolbox/regu...aptor-for-use-with-camping-gaz-cylinders.html

But the taps come with both seals & there is never a mention of the seals separately.

So - should I be able to find these seals easily?
If so - where & with what reference & dimensions?

Thanks!

Usally the place where they sell campingaz botlles have seals .
Otherwise check out DIY stores.
You are from France , no? ....Decathlon!!!

I have tried to buy these seals in the UK with no success, for the side outlet you can buy seals which are the correct inside and outside diameters but they are only half the original thickness which are no good.
If anyone sources any can they let us know where from. The seal that goes on the bottle end always looks good but the side outlet seal gets that big groove in it.

I am continuing to look (mainly in France but everywhere on internet).

My local supermarket (Super-U) sells the 907 refills and direct-screw-on regulators, but not the seals for the GOK tap.
I tried a (small) DIY place (BRICO PRO) with no success.
My local (big) Decathlon has nothing concerning Campingaz etc.

I contacted Socal.co.uk (who sell the GOK tap) & they very quickly replied (thanks!):
The inlet fitting is Euro G3 (Camping Gaz refillable cylinders)
The outlet fitting is Euro G12 (KLF)

I just contacted GOK but too soon for a reply yet.

What amazes me is that I can't find anything useful when I G**gle "Euro G12 KLF".
I would have expected to at least find a diagram & dimensions for the seal interface...

Sorry, I don't see how a Stop Valve with a pressure relief valve is a safety feature!
If the valve is disconnected then the cylinder is sealed then the cylinder if heated will explode. If the Stop Valve is fitted and turned Off then you propose that the valve will vent gas if the gas bottle temperature rises, which will catch fire and it will still explode.
I cannot see VW fitting such a system that is different to that fitted in caravans, motor homes and domestic installations.

I got a reply from GOK:
The cylinder valve for the Campingaz butane cylinder, GOK part no. 09 736 00 has two seals:
1. at the connector for the Campingaz cylinder seal 26 x 14 x 1.5 made of NBR, GOK part no. 20 015 29
2. at the connector for the pressure regulator seal 16.5 x 10 x 3.5 made of NBR, GOK part no. 10 071 22

We recommend to contact camping shops or gas shops in which you could also buy Campingaz butane cylinders.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So I will keep looking - at least I know the dimensions now.

Sorry, I don't see how a Stop Valve with a pressure relief valve is a safety feature!
Thanks WelshGas.
I know NOTHING about gas & did say my thoughts were a GUESS.
I started by wondering why VW bothered to fit a tap with a pressure relief valve.
Quick digging revealed that vehicle LPG (Autogas) tanks have to have a pressure relief valve to prevent explosion in case of fire:
http://www.mylpg.eu/useful/what-to-do-in-case-of-emergency

The main dangers involved with a vehicle of this type under fire stems from the tank itself. Like other cylinders these tanks are at risk from a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion). The extreme heat of a fire can cause a weak spot in the cylinder which will crack, once it cracks the BLEVE will occur.

In the UK vehicle autogas tanks have to have a pressure relief valve fitted to help prevent an explosion. However it can still cause a problem, this is because when the pressure relief valve operates it will expel a quantity of gas creating a jet of flame.

So I GUESSED the VW tap might be related to that.
And I did not see any mention of pressure relief valve on the alternative installations.
So I wondered if that was a new risk.
So I asked for advice from anybody competent...

Hard to believe Decatlon not having those....they sell Campinggaz products .
Have you asked in the store itself?
If you guys have trouble finding them suppose you buy multiple once you find them .
Do i need to ship them by post ....?:D

Maybe an item the Forum Shop could stock?

Do i need to ship them by post ....?:D
Not yet, thanks!
I will give myself another 6 months to find one first.

But if anybody has an internet link to a 16.5 x 10 x 3.5 nitrile seal, I would be interested to see it...

Maybe an item the Forum Shop could stock?

Could be , but probally cost more on shipping then the item . But at least you guys accually buy it...
Think it's best to have those things swapped hands at meetings.

Looks like we have sourced these, should have some more information in a few days, we should also have the replacement hoses as well.

Just be careful that the seals are the correct thickness. All the the ones I found are the correct ID and OD but only half the thickness.

Glad you will have the hoses as well. Much easier than convincing a VW Van Dealership that they are a VW spare part!:thumb

Glad you will have the hoses as well. Much easier than convincing a VW Van Dealership that they are a VW spare part!:thumb

I had no problem getting a replacement from my dealer.
It is a listed part, part No V7E7 070 608 D.
Arrived the next day.

Alan

I had no problem getting a replacement from my dealer.
It is a listed part, part No V7E7 070 608 D.
Arrived the next day.

Alan
Does depend on the Dealership.

@2CV67 may I ask where you found that part list? The image with the list of all the parts for the gas system that is. Thanks!

Looks like we have sourced these, should have some more information in a few days, we should also have the replacement hoses as well.
Glad to see you have these in the shop, as I have not been able to find any at all.
But only as part of a hose & seal kit???
My hose is good till 2019 so I am too mean to replace it immediately!
No possibility of buying just seal(s)?

We are just waiting for some more seals to come into stock, we will then list these on their own as a pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk