Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GATWICK SAFE CALI PARKING

D

Dorchest

VIP Member
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on safe free/cheap on-street/off-street parking near Gatwick Airport preferably near public transport to the airport?

I'm taking my 7 year old son on a three night trip from Gatwick in a couple of weeks and would usually park at my elderly parents and travel to the airport via Waterloo but there is major construction work at the station so the trains are not reliable. The cost of official parking is ridiculous and I'm not willing to use a cheaper service where I hand my Cali and/or keys over.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards.............Mike J

The cost of official long stay parking always seems v reasonable to me...if booked in advance. And you know your van is safe, unlike if you park it in a street somewhere. And it's convenient

I used the "official" Long stay car park for a couple of pick ups no height issues 2 hours free shuttle bus to terminals. did note as said above seemed reasonable for longer stays. I need not a lot of places and being a "fussy" parker there were lots of parking end places where I felt one would get a wide space.

Thanks for your input guys. I didn't now about the train disruptions until last week and as it's only a short time before the trip, the cost of parking at the airport will be £80+ for three days which is 20% of the cost of the trip. I was hoping someone would have a tried and tested alternative. Was worth a try anyway.

Thanks again............Mike

Make sure your insurance doesn't have clause regarding parking unattended away from home. Comfort does.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Thanks for your input guys. I didn't now about the train disruptions until last week and as it's only a short time before the trip, the cost of parking at the airport will be £80+ for three days which is 20% of the cost of the trip. I was hoping someone would have a tried and tested alternative. Was worth a try anyway.

Thanks again............Mike

Have you checked out National express coaches? That is my transport of choice from Dorset to Gatwick/Heathrow. I go from Poole. Ringwood is the last stop and then straight there. Better prices booked a bit in advance.

Have you checked out National express coaches? That is my transport of choice from Dorset to Gatwick/Heathrow. I go from Poole. Ringwood is the last stop and then straight there. Better prices booked a bit in advance.

Plus one National Express for Gatwick. We used them from Leeds for our Caribbean holiday in February/March

Can't you park at parents ( which seems a safe option) & get a tube to kings cross & use the thameslink line to gatwick.