Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 680 preparation for second battery

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Have read on the standard equipment page “preparation for 2nd battery” do you see this as 2nd leisure battery? Or anyone taken delivery of a 680 lately confirm this.

Will

I questioned this and was told it just means the first leisure battery not anything like preparation for a second one
I don’t know if it’s the correct information but it cam from vw themselves

I questioned this and was told it just means the first leisure battery not anything like preparation for a second one
I don’t know if it’s the correct information but it cam from vw themselves
Hi, like to think they have been listening to people and at least giving that option, have you ordered?

I agree this was one of the minuses with a grand cali ,we didn’t end up ordering unfortunately.
If they did a 600 without the big high roof I would of been first in line ,
I was so close to ordering a 680 4motion but what put me off was I would prefer a mwb I could live with a lwb no problem but also I wasn’t that keen on the extra height roof on either the 600 or 680 .Westfalia can make a van with a standard height steel roof that you can fit a roof rack on so why do vw have to stick a plastic/fibreglass extra high roof on both variants?

Tend to agree something like a 630/40 would have been perfect, so what is your choice now. Looked at some of the westies which are now in the early 100’s ?

A Westfalia Sven hedin
Would of loved to stick with the 4motion really but unfortunately they don’t do a Sven 4motion.
as always there’s a compromise .
If carlsberg made camper vans ;)

A Westfalia Sven hedin
Would of loved to stick with the 4motion really but unfortunately they don’t do a Sven 4motion.
as always there’s a compromise .
If carlsberg made camper vans ;)
Your right about compromise. The new Burstner Elisio campervan is nice but is on a Fiat chassis however much improved. Might be worth a look.

Burstner Elisio
Thanks
Much appreciated
We had a Westfalia in 2015 and the fiat was the only disappointment unfortunately
The paint finish and body panels definitely left a lot to be desired
But I’ll still have a nosey.

Thanks
Much appreciated
We had a Westfalia in 2015 and the fiat was the only disappointment unfortunately
The paint finish and body panels definitely left a lot to be desired
But I’ll still have a nosey.
Have a look at the hymer free s based on a mercedes sprinter FWD

We would have seriously considered a Sven but only 2 berth, no poptop.
Now have Hymer Grand Canyon S and very happy, no major faults just two minor irrigations.
Dealer that fitted alarm programmed for Sprinter van rather than Sprinter campervan plus outside gas point slightly misaligned making connection difficult.
Apart from that all good.

We would have seriously considered a Sven but only 2 berth, no poptop.
Now have Hymer Grand Canyon S and very happy, no major faults just two minor irrigations.
Dealer that fitted alarm programmed for Sprinter van rather than Sprinter campervan plus outside gas point slightly misaligned making connection difficult.
Apart from that all good.
Hi didnt the alarm come as standard factory fitted on your grand canyon s

For insurance I had a Scorpion autowatch up grade and Ghost tracker fitted.
When programmed as a van it ment you couldn't lock the doors internally without setting the alarm function.
Now I can lock the van from the driver's door control and not have the alarm warning light constantly flashing.
Scorpion were excellent, they came to my home and reprogrammed to the campervan setting, apparently it's a mistake many fitters make.

For insurance I had a Scorpion autowatch up grade and Ghost tracker fitted.
When programmed as a van it ment you couldn't lock the doors internally without setting the alarm function.
Now I can lock the van from the driver's door control and not have the alarm warning light constantly flashing.
Scorpion were excellent, they came to my home and reprogrammed to the campervan setting, apparently it's a mistake many fitters make.
Just interested to know why everyone is hung up on having a tracker fitted, firstly the buggers strip the van looking for it then leave it if they cant find it, wrecked. Secondly it’s Aprox £200 a year for the pleasure.
Would you really want it back, and then registered as stolen and recovered.

Just interested to know why everyone is hung up on having a tracker fitted, firstly the buggers strip the van looking for it then leave it if they cant find it, wrecked. Secondly it’s Aprox £200 a year for the pleasure.
Would you really want it back, and then registered as stolen and recovered.
Your quite right
I would never want to see it again after they take it and trash it,
I would prefer the money to be honest

Your quite right
I would never want to see it again after they take it and trash it,
I would prefer the money to be honest
Just find a reputable insurance company that doesn’t insist on a tracker. Sure at sum stage they all might. But until that day.

Back