Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Front Internal Blackout Blind.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Does anyone use the standard VW front internal blackout blind. if so your views would be appreciated.

During warmer weather, yes. When camping cold I use a Silver Screens external wrap.

No worries unfortunately the GC is not to the same great standard as the California.

Without doubt, the front blind is not the best bit of engineering. After several attempts it becomes easier. Tips:
- fit the poles and leave them in. On packing up just roll the whole lot up and stow in the front compartment.
- to fit you need to flip the sun visors down; easier to do this before you rotate the seats (you’ll see why!).
- ideally fit the blind as well before you rotate the seats
- the poles are useful to push the blind into the corners.

The fabric is pretty thin, but they’re good enough to tide me over until I see what the beat alternatives are. I expect I’ll get thermal screens, and use them year-round.

Without doubt, the front blind is not the best bit of engineering. After several attempts it becomes easier. Tips:
- fit the poles and leave them in. On packing up just roll the whole lot up and stow in the front compartment.
- to fit you need to flip the sun visors down; easier to do this before you rotate the seats (you’ll see why!).

The fabric is pretty thin, but they’re good enough to tide me over until I see what the beat alternatives are. I expect I’ll get thermal screens, and use them year-round.
Again thanks for your informative reply its about time VW produced something more user friendly.

I haven't ordered my van yet but when I get it I want to retro fit some proper built in concertina blinds if any that exist will fit. I presume VW didn't fit them as standard due to the curtain airbags fitted to some vans as an option. Side/curtain airbags are an awful thing to have as an option and should be standard as if you don't choose them and the worst happens you would never forgive yourself! But the question I have is if I choose the airbags will it mean I can't fit any internal blinds.

Back