Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Rusted Door Bolts

EuropeanVanderlust

EuropeanVanderlust

Vehicle
Grand California 600
My husband was getting into the passenger side of our 2020 GC 600 this weekend and noticed that the door bolts were rusty. We are the second owners of this GC, and have only had the van since the end of April. I checked the driver side and there are also very early signs that the bolts are starting to rust. We were curious if this is a common issue with the GC? I searched the forum and see lots of posts about rust for the T5, T6, etc- especially with the roof bolts, but didn't see any mentions of GC.

We also checked our cars for comparison and our 5 year old Audi has no exposed door bolts of any signs of rust in the doors and our 10+ year old Suzuki has very early signs of rust on one door bolt- so it seems odd to us that the GC has rust after 3 years in an area that is relatively concealed.

Picture of Passenger side:
Rust.jpg
Picture of driver side:
Rust_1.jpg

Rust.jpg

We had identical problem with our 680, dealership has replaced bolts and polished off the staining. Agree with you, I have never seen anything like it on my daily driving cars. Hopefully the replacement bolts don't repeat the issue down the track.