Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Toilet Cassette Door

B

Bobcat01

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Good afternoon fellow owners, I went to empty the toilet cassette only to find the door won’t open. It flexes in as normal but the catch doesn’t seem to release. Any ideas?. Would a kind owner post some photos of the arrangement both door and fixing so that i can try and see what’s not releasing That would be much appreciated. Thankfully we are on a campsite tonight.

Good afternoon fellow owners, I went to empty the toilet cassette only to find the door won’t open. It flexes in as normal but the catch doesn’t seem to release. Any ideas?. Would a kind owner post some photos of the arrangement both door and fixing so that i can try and see what’s not releasing That would be much appreciated. Thankfully we are on a campsite tonight.
Try the red manual pull cord down the side of the bench seat and see if that frees it.

Top man Simon that worked, Mrs C now happy.
Need to remember that one for future.
Thats what this forum is all about helping each other out.
Many Thanks.

Top man Simon that worked, Mrs C now happy.
Need to remember that one for future.
Thats what this forum is all about helping each other out.
Many Thanks.
Glad to help Bob, enjoy the rest of your trip.

I've had this a couple of times. It seems to work fine when the passenger door is also open.

I've also had this one. After much playing around with it, I finally managed to open it be locking / unlocking the van with the key remote. I'd forgotten about the red cord so good to see a reminder of that (much quicker) fix!

We found that we had to have the sliding door open to unlock but also had to unlock and relock - tried all sorts of things ha ha

I've had the same issue but found that the fob lock and unlock initially didn't work. It happens when the van was opened from inside after a nights sleep then later the toilet cartridge door wont unlock even following a press of unlock on the fob. first time it happened I looked for the red chord but couldn't find one. Figured out closing all doors, lock and unlock with fob, bingo toilet cartridge door open.

Hello,

I thought it was a good idea to be able to lock the doors from inside, using the new button beside the bed.

Only during the first nights out, I learned that it seems that all doors lock if the inside button beside the bed is used, but not all doors won't open if the inside button beside the bed is used to open the camper.

At least the driver and the passenger's door is still locked. It might be that that door to the toilet cassette isn't open either, hence the camper has to be locked and unlocked using the remote control to ensure that all locks are open.

I am not sure yet, but I was reading in the manual about the driver and passengers' door. I have to do more tests, because I was wondering if it is possible to lock oneself out of the van?

I don't understand why VW can't make it just easy and straightforward and close and open all doors from the inside button beside the bed.

Happy half unlocked California,
Eberhard

Back