Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC VW Carpets

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi again, we have the VW carpet set in our 680 which includes front carpet mats and the habitation carpet, plus a couple of slip mats. It seems really good quality carpet, but the slip mats which we placed one by the door and one by the sink just wander about all over the place, ending up tripping over them.
Has anyone come up with a slip mat that stays where it should when placed on the VW carpet?
The carpet has a really thick pile which I think is the problem, and not sure if other slip mats advertised as "non-slip" will work.
Any advice appreciated!

Hi, we too have the VW carpet set which is really nice, the two mats do have a mind of their own and wander around the floor, I’ve tried some none-slip matting but this just moves with the mat, it’s the pile and material in the carpet that causes this.
we have just added it to the ‘quirk’ list along with the other quirky features we’ve discovered.
We live with it and move them around when they’ve been for a wander
21st century 1st world problems like this should be embrace, it’s a talking point

Have fun with your GC, leave the rugs at home it’s safer that way.
FYI we purchased a carpet sample from a well known shop and it moves less,
Its a cloth / hessian backed carpet that seams to “grab’ the VW carpet pile, we have it by the main sliding door, it does move a little but other than a mechanical fixing it’s an incurable quirk.

have fun

Hi, we too have the VW carpet set which is really nice, the two mats do have a mind of their own and wander around the floor, I’ve tried some none-slip matting but this just moves with the mat, it’s the pile and material in the carpet that causes this.
we have just added it to the ‘quirk’ list along with the other quirky features we’ve discovered.
We live with it and move them around when they’ve been for a wander
21st century 1st world problems like this should be embrace, it’s a talking point

Have fun with your GC, leave the rugs at home it’s safer that way.
FYI we purchased a carpet sample from a well known shop and it moves less,
Its a cloth / hessian backed carpet that seams to “grab’ the VW carpet pile, we have it by the main sliding door, it does move a little but other than a mechanical fixing it’s an incurable quirk.

have fun
Thanks for that and I agree, it's a quirk of the van, or at least the carpet!!
I have just tried a rubber car mat that I had lying about in the garage, which has quite deep indentations both sides and that seems to move less. As you mention, I think best to leave the VW slip mats at home, we have tripped over them more than once! I just want something as you enter the van a space to take off dirty shoes, so maybe the rubber mat might work?
If not I'll try the carpet sample idea!

Yes, the top mat 'walks' on the pile of the mat underneath. Mine doesn't have VW carpets but it happens just the same.

Back