Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

G'day all

S

shrimper

VIP Member
My name is Michael and we live in West Sussex near Chichester.

We’ve joined your forum a few weeks ago, after falling in love … with the California.
Renting a Cali from Mark at KamperHire near Southampton (fabulous service) during the summer, we thought that ‘land yachting’ is so much more fun and versatile than sitting on the boat in the rain going nowhere.

Conclusion … a two year old Cali is now parked on our drive – I’ve just got to sell the boat now…. :D

Massive thank you to Martin for your guidance – and of course to the entire ‘Cali family’ as your forum has been invaluable to us. We’ll post some pictures of our Cali soon.

Happy 'land yachting' to all ...

Michael

Welcome michael. Another member from west Sussex I'm glad the forum has been a help to you
There is always something to learn :thumb

Don't sell the boat, you will regret it......

Move it abroad.....I did and it and the Cali a great combo....

Hi Michael

Glad you picked it up OK, it must have been your Cali coming towards me yesterday on the A259 going toowards Bosham at around 2.30pm, I think it was possibly your wife driving?

Martin

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your new Cali.

I am another West Sussex Cali owner and can see why you have a boat living near Chichester.

You did not give any details about your boat or why you are selling it. The Cali would make a good combination with some smaller boats and dinghies.

Hope you have fun with your new Cali. :thumb :D

John

Thank you for your warm welcome - it's great to know that Cali owners are a really friendly.

Many thanks for your comments and thoughts - keeping the boat is not really an option ... lack of time being the biggest issue ... a young family and having to work for a living.

I'll keep my Laser dinghy yet the Cornish Shrimper will have to go as my much better half is more inclinded to enjoy the Ionian Sea then the Solent.

Hi Martin - yep that was me, I thought it might have been you .... which leads me to a question what's the etiquette between Cali drivers please? - Do you greet each other? :hello

Cheers

shrimper said:
what's the etiquette between Cali drivers please? - Do you greet each other? :hello

Cheers

We are a friendly bunch so as soon as you see another cali you must wave (if they dont wave back you can report them on here) saying that I only seem to have a 50% return wave rate at the moment , Rebecca by daughter has an even worse rate as she waves at every T5, even builders vans as she still cant tell the difference when they are coming head on!

I wave at them all t2's beetles t4's t5's cali's. Always makes the kids laugh when they ignore me :rofl :rofl :rofl

Welcome.

My wife gets sea sick so we ended up with a Cali (although she also gets car sick too, having said that the Cali is the first vehicle she's been able to sit i the back of whilst driving), but I still hanker after a rib for a bit of fun... even though I know I will not get the best use out of it.

Hey ho when we win the lottery.

:hello