Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Genuine VW Comfort Mattress

S

ShmBK

Vehicle
Looking to buy
New ocean MY19 - mattress has been used once. Not as good as the self inflating mattress I already have.

Open to offers
Ideally meet in person, but I’m near Aberdeen. I am travelling to derby at end of month though.

New ocean MY19 - mattress has been used once. Not as good as the self inflating mattress I already have.

Open to offers
Ideally meet in person, but I’m near Aberdeen. I am travelling to derby at end of month though.
What self inflating mattress do you have, I have a single thermarest but I want a double that fits well?

At the moment, it’s an ill-fitting but comfortable 5cm vango one. I’ve got my eye on the sea to summit campervan one

Vango do a California inflatable mattress ...

Vango do a California inflatable mattress ...
That is a good price. The difference between this and the sea to summit camper mattress seems to be that the S to S is 201x115x10 cm (with a shaped corner) and the vango 180x110x5 cm. A good alternative though at less than half the price. I am delighted with the S to S and particularly like the non return valve when squishing the air out.

Sea to Summit SIM is really good, can reccomend. As there is just the two of us we've removed both the VW mattresses as the SIM can be used upstairs as well as down. Assuming you haven't already put Sea to Summit in search and you'll see a number positive comments. We put a The Woolroom topper on it and it's really snug. The whole sleeping thing had been a problem for our old bones and this solution changed everything for us.

Hi @Billylou those wool room toppers look good. How large are they folded up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neilos, the dims in the photo are 90cm x 60cm x 12cm. However it will compress down into a much smaller size. The size is a Small Double Deluxe Mattress Topper. We also use their all season Duvet (as per link) that comprises of 2 Duvets clipped together, therefore giving you three options. These also pack down really small compared to a conventional duvet. We choose the size Double which is perfect for us. While we were at it we also threw in a couple of pillows. A bit steep in terms of cost but we are really pleased with them.

Duvet 1: 200gsm (2-5 tog approximately)
Duvet 2: 300gsm (6-9 tog approximately)
Combined: 500gsm (11-14 tog approximately)

View attachment 52583View attachment 52584

Hope that helps.

Thanks really useful , we bought a Duvalay compact topper and TBH it’s a bit underwhelming. A bit more padding would be good! Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask if the wool duvets are lighter and/or warmer than a conventional duvet? Since my arthritis i need lots of warmth in a light format as otherwise its too painful. I had some nerve damage from the knee replacement!

Can I ask if the wool duvets are lighter and/or warmer than a conventional duvet? Since my arthritis i need lots of warmth in a light format as otherwise its too painful. I had some nerve damage from the knee replacement!

Last edited:
Hi ShmBK,
Is the Ocean mattress still for sale, and is it the VW Comfort Mattress for the lower bed?

hi micahel, sorry for late reply, i didnt get a notification. yes it's still for sale