Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Genuine VW roof bars not fitting!

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Folks,
Has anyone had problems with there roof bars not fitting?

With the plate that runs in the roof slot the bars will not fit, the plate runs along the channel OK but when attached to the leg of the bars the legs will not slide along the channel.
If you slide the foot plate along the channel and then try to attach the leg the hole for the bolt doesn't align.

I'm quite happy I'm doing everything correctly, obviously going to the dealer but thought I'd ask all the same.

Ta.

Folks,
Has anyone had problems with there roof bars not fitting?

With the plate that runs in the roof slot the bars will not fit, the plate runs along the channel OK but when attached to the leg of the bars the legs will not slide along the channel.
If you slide the foot plate along the channel and then try to attach the leg the hole for the bolt doesn't align.

I'm quite happy I'm doing everything correctly, obviously going to the dealer but thought I'd ask all the same.

Ta.
Is the bolt hole to one side?
If so maybe the plates are handed? R or L, or need to be turned 180'.

I've not fitted these but check that they are not sized differently for front or rear

Thanks for the input, the holes are slightly to one side but the plate has a slot and the leg has a tongue so it's impossible to have them 180 out and they are the same width back and front.

Thanks for the input, the holes are slightly to one side but the plate has a slot and the leg has a tongue so it's impossible to have them 180 out and they are the same width back and front.
What about swapping from R to L side and vice-versa?

Tried everything, the dealer couldn't get them to fit even after an hour of trying ..... picking new ones up tomorrow so hopefully ;)

Update;
Took them to a different dealer who had a pair in stock ... and they were the same and didn't fit!
So that will be two different dealers phoning Germany on Monday.

Hi Pete,
I am having the same issue as you had with your roof rack, I wondered if you managed to get it sorted, just spent about an hour trying to get the foot to fit inside the track the small lug doesn't fit, these are brand new unused genuine Roof bars !!

05bbc6622eb8d52dd62c6707655a60cb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is a standard and Cali version, maybe they sent the wrong set? Should be a Cali sticker under the bar but if that's incorrect too? Maybe someone has a set that fits you can compare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yours will 100℅ fit Matt, they were on both my 2010 and 2015 Cali"s

Sent using Tapatalk

The ones with the lug that you/we tried to fit are for the Transporter!
The Cali ones have the same plate but the lug hasn't been bent through 90 degrees, it's just a flat plate.