Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted Genuine VW T5/5.1 bike rack

Al1992

Al1992

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all,
As per the title I am after a genuine VW tailgate bike rack for my T5 Cali. I am based in Wells, Somerset but would be willing to travel within reason.
Thanks,
Al.

Hi all,
As per the title I am after a genuine VW tailgate bike rack for my T5 Cali. I am based in Wells, Somerset but would be willing to travel within reason.
Thanks,
Al.
Al,
We have a genuine VW bike rack (4 bikes) for a T5, which came with our recently purchased Cali and we have no use for. I've had a good look at it today and its mostly in good working order. There are a couple of issues, neither of which are show-stoppers I think.

The lock barrel on the bar that secures the outermost bike (there is only one lock) is thoroughly seized. Luckily it is unlocked, so that bar can be used, just not locked. We are also missing one of the bottom brackets that secures the bottom (right) to the tailgate. They are listed for £25 on CamperVanTastic.com and are the same price from the VW Van Dealer in Liverpool, who will post it. I would happily buy it, but neither supplier currently has stock. I've just pinged a message to a website in Germany who seem to have stock to see if they'll send one to me.

We're in Corsham, Wiltshire, which is about 1hr from Wells (my parents live on the top of Mendip, so I know that area pretty well). Does this sound of any interest?

Steve

Al,
We have a genuine VW bike rack (4 bikes) for a T5, which came with our recently purchased Cali and we have no use for. I've had a good look at it today and its mostly in good working order. There are a couple of issues, neither of which are show-stoppers I think.

The lock barrel on the bar that secures the outermost bike (there is only one lock) is thoroughly seized. Luckily it is unlocked, so that bar can be used, just not locked. We are also missing one of the bottom brackets that secures the bottom (right) to the tailgate. They are listed for £25 on CamperVanTastic.com and are the same price from the VW Van Dealer in Liverpool, who will post it. I would happily buy it, but neither supplier currently has stock. I've just pinged a message to a website in Germany who seem to have stock to see if they'll send one to me.

We're in Corsham, Wiltshire, which is about 1hr from Wells (my parents live on the top of Mendip, so I know that area pretty well). Does this sound of any interest?

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I am interested. I have just had a quick look and found the bracket for the lower right attachment for sale on German Amazon for €33 plus postage.
I am heading off on holiday on the 26th so would need it ahead of this to give me time to fit etc.

Could you please send me some pictures and an idea on what sort of price you would be after for it?

Cheers,
Al

Sounds good Al. I've put a couple of pictures below. I was thinking somewhere around £270, which I hope would get you a fully working bike rack for £300.

Steve

20220808_064627435_iOS.jpg20220808_064641402_iOS.jpg20220808_065156387_iOS.jpg20220808_065207944_iOS.jpg20220808_065920610_iOS.jpg

Last edited: