Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

German Umwelt-plakette

A

ajdowson

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi

Thinking of talking our T4 1991 2.4d Westfalia to Germany, but unsure if we can get an umwelt plakette - is it possible? Can't find any exemptions or clear rules of what is allowed.

Will this be a major limitation for travel in cities like Munich? Or is it e.g. only the very centre of the city that is affected?

Cheers

J

As far as I can tell, only the category "4" is allowed with few exceptions. So you need to apply, to see if your car goes within this group. Otherwise, its lo go to drive into the zones. But you can still drive around elsewhere around Germany …

Thanks for reply - I'm guessing the chances of me getting a "4" are nil - its bound to be red or yellow I guess. Shame. Looked at the areas and they are not that big.

What I meant. You can still drive into i.e. Munich, but not in the restricted areas, that might be well signed. it takes a little extra planning but is not impossible at all.

We have a green badge for our 2000my 2.5tdi, but it has a diesel particle filter fitted (was fitted in line with the German regulations by the previous German owner). Not sure if it's possible for the 2.4?

Back