Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting work done under guarantee

Morsels

Morsels

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We bought our California Ocean new from the VW dealer where we live, in tiny Gibraltar.

We have had a problem with the roof not staying properly up since new, as some of you may know from following another thread. We took it to them and they said they could not repeat it, etc, some roof drop is normal, etc - but it is definitely a problem, and we know for sure it is not “normal”.

My question is, what would be the pros/cons of taking it to another dealer (over the border in Spain), one that has a lot more experience of Californias than our local one, which honestly hardly sells any of them and by their own admission are inexperienced in such issues?

To me, my issue is primarily with the dealer who sold it to us, but I feel a larger, more experienced dealer are more likely to have seen the problem before and know what to do to solve it under guarantee.

Any ideas or anyone had to make a similar decision? Thanks for any help!

I would contact Vw direct, tell them your problem
and ask them who they think is a competent Cali workshop
near -ish to you.
Even here in Germany Vw are not upto scratch, there are only a few
who know all about the Cali.

I know there are several people from Belgium who have their Cali serviced at the VW Camper Centrum in the Netherlands, because of the extensive VW Cali knowledge they have. So you wouldn't be the first to cross the border to get their Cali serviced well. Too bad NL isn't a realistic option from Spain.

I would contact Vw direct, tell them your problem
and ask them who they think is a competent Cali workshop
near -ish to you.
Even here in Germany Vw are not upto scratch, there are only a few
who know all about the Cali.
Thanks for that tip! I may well do that

I know there are several people from Belgium who have their Cali serviced at the VW Camper Centrum in the Netherlands, because of the extensive VW Cali knowledge they have. So you wouldn't be the first to cross the border to get their Cali serviced well. Too bad NL isn't a realistic option from Spain.
Thanks, this is giving me more confidence to side swerve the local dealership!

We bought our California Ocean new from the VW dealer where we live, in tiny Gibraltar.

We have had a problem with the roof not staying properly up since new, as some of you may know from following another thread. We took it to them and they said they could not repeat it, etc, some roof drop is normal, etc - but it is definitely a problem, and we know for sure it is not “normal”.

My question is, what would be the pros/cons of taking it to another dealer (over the border in Spain), one that has a lot more experience of Californias than our local one, which honestly hardly sells any of them and by their own admission are inexperienced in such issues?

To me, my issue is primarily with the dealer who sold it to us, but I feel a larger, more experienced dealer are more likely to have seen the problem before and know what to do to solve it under guarantee.

Any ideas or anyone had to make a similar decision? Thanks for any help!
Pan European warranty, so go to the best place you can find