Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glass worktop replacement/alternative?

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Looking back at some old topics there were once worktop protectors available in stainless steel. Now no more?

Has anyone modded or replaced the glass tops with a twin split top maybe in SS or Dibond to enable independent lifting of hob or sink tops? If not is this possible? I'm not sure of the way the hinges and front section attach to the glass.

To answer the second part of your question - there have been several threads musing the benefits of splitting the workstop. But I don't believe anyone has come-up with a workable solution - unless it was before my time. I'm sure WG or HC will shout if there is an answer ;)

Not aware of anything I'm afraid. Personally I don't find it a problem. I have a heat resistant board that fits over 1 burner or the sink when the lid is raised.

From MY2017 the kitchen cover will be different and split into two sections. I wonder if any sort of retro fit will be possible?

Charles

Yes but they don't seem to exist anymore. I need a 3-section version for my 2018 Cali. Will they become available anytime soon?

Sorry these will not be available for the T6 split worktops. We are looking for an alternative solution though.

Back