Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucester afternoon get together - November 1st

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Afternoon meet near Cheltenham/Tewksbury ( Riverside camping also available)

The Lower Lode Inn is Picturesque a country pub and campsite situated on the banks of the rover Severn, camping pitches have both river and countryside views.

Location: LowerLode Inn, Forthampton (Nr Tewkesbury) Gloucestershire GL19 4RE
Date: Sunday 1st November
Camping: Yes - Available onsite either Saturday or Sunday

Online Reviews:
Trip Advisor
UK Campsite

Meet at around 1pm in the pub car park ( we have our own designated area)

Nick from Comfortz will also be attending this meet if you want to view any of his products and if you require anything from the Club shop you will receive a 10% discount if collecting on the day.

*** Please RSVP as we need to advise the site on Numbers: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/gloucestershire-afternoon-meet.7/

CVH_3198SevernSevern.jpg

map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pub, know it well and there is a caravan club site just up the road in Tewksbury.

These afternoon meets are great fun. The very first one we had back in dec 2011 we had 15 vans turn up and we were all in shirt sleeves
Great afternoon

This could well be our first night in the Cali, so I hope there will be a few people able to advise and tell us what not to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon, are you staying at the campsite on Saturday or Sunday night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Simon, are you staying at the campsite on Saturday or Sunday night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were thinking of Sunday, but it could easily be either depending on when others are staying.

That looks a good location. I've put our names down.
Simon

Looks great, put us down, we will possibly stay over on Sunday night

Looks like this is going to turn into a nice weekend - I'm looking forward to it :thumb

I'll have the Cali Cozy on display if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Hopefully I'll have my new facelift front end on the Cali by this point! :D

For anyone tjat has not heard about it the cali cozy is nicks new internal roof liner that you leave in place

Great News!

We now have a new location for this meet with camping on site (if required) and our own designated area to park up for the afternoon.

The Lower Lode Inn is a country pub and campsite situated on the banks of the rover Severn, camping pitches have both river and countryside views.

The pub serves an excellent Sunday Roast and booking is essential.

Location: Lower Lode Inn and Campsite (near Tewksbury) Web: www.lowerlodeinn.co.uk

To book camping please call the site direct on 01684 293224 and mention that you are part of the VW California Club Rally, you must also RSVP on our Events Page even if you are just coming for the afternoon as we need to keep the pub updated with numbers attending

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/gloucestershire-afternoon-meet.7/

Thanks for finding this site Snowy ..

Looks a great venue. Sunday carvery as well.

Afternoon meet near Cheltenham/Tewksbury ( Riverside camping also available)

The Lower Lode Inn is Picturesque a country pub and campsite situated on the banks of the rover Severn, camping pitches have both river and countryside views.

Location: LowerLode Inn, Forthampton (Nr Tewkesbury) Gloucestershire GL19 4RE
Date: Sunday 1st November
Camping: Yes - Available onsite either Saturday or Sunday

Online Reviews:
Trip Advisor
UK Campsite

Meet at around 1pm in the pub car park ( we have our own designated area)

Nick from Comfortz will also be attending this meet if you want to view any of his products and if you require anything from the Club shop you will receive a 10% discount if collecting on the day.

*** Please RSVP as we need to advise the site on Numbers: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/gloucestershire-afternoon-meet.7/

CVH_3198SevernSevern.jpg

View attachment 10463
Nice pub, know it well and there is a caravan club site just up the road in Tewksbury.

Thanks for inviting, would love to attend, but it's too far to get in couple days, need a holiday. Maybe next time ))

Hi all, have RSVP'd, will stay the Saturday night, go home Sunday evening? Anyone else staying Saturday night and want to meet up in the pub?

Update. Cant stay Sat night now will miss halloween party Plan on getting there Sunday lunch.

Last edited:
Yes we hope to be there, Saturday night sounds like a good way to spend an evening. Booking site tomorrow.

Sorry, can't make this, as it's the day our park closes and I'll be on a plane for a weeks r&r.

Just an update. If anyone is thinking of camping sat night can they please book early as they have a Halloween party on the Saturday night in the pub and the campsite may get busy.
Many thanks kev

We will try and get here as well and will probably stay on Sunday night, I can then enjoy a few beers with my Sunday roast

Just spoke to a lovely lady at Lower Lode - booked for Saturday night - haven't booked for Sunday lunch but she was quite relaxed about it and said we can sort that when we get there. Just been away for a week in Northumberland and didn't spot one cali! So be nice to meet some fellow cali owners

Just spoken to the pub and there is lots of space on the campsite. Only the California Club there. He did advise that if you are using a new Sat Nav it will take you straight there. If it is a bit older it will take you to the village. There is a duck pond there and there is a sign next to it directing you to the pub which is just outside the village.
As Philynn says, they seem quite relaxed about lunch.
What times are people planning to eat? It is served, I think he said, between 12.00 - 3.00. Simon