Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucestershire Meet April 20th - 22nd

Hi guys new to the club just booked slimbridge see you guys there cheers Wayne.

We’ve still got HC’s bottle too (tasted horrible); and the cycle lights! :thumb

I’ve just put us in as a maybe, understand there is only room for 30 so could be full by the time we are able to confirm. :(

Thanks to Simon :thanks

Site said I can book a hard standing with EHU but would be slightly away from the group, is that OK as just a bit worried about being on grass?

We’ve still got HC’s bottle too (tasted horrible); and the cycle lights! :thumb

I’ve just put us in as a maybe, understand there is only room for 30 so could be full by the time we are able to confirm. :(

Thanks to Simon :thanks

The owner has just opened another part of the field and that takes the number in our area up to 40. But there are other pitches a 100 yards or so from our area that have an EHU but are more than the rate we are paying. Not sure how many of those pitches there are. So a bit more space left at present.
Simon

Site said I can book a hard standing with EHU but would be slightly away from the group, is that OK as just a bit worried about being on grass?

That's fine. You'd not be very far from the rest of us, 100 yards or so, but I'm not sure what the extra rate is for those pitches. You'd have to check with the site by phone.
Simon

The owner has just opened another part of the field and that takes the number in our area up to 40. But there are other pitches a 100 yards or so from our area that have an EHU but are more than the rate we are paying. Not sure how many of those pitches there are. So a bit more space left at present.
Simon

Imo. No good ....splitting up the group .
Better use one field for everyone .

Just today got a mail with 15% discount so booked the ferry with DFDS :121€ two persons+dog, both ways .

Wanted to use the Shutlle but it was 350€ ....no thankx!

We will be 11days in the UK:thumb

Just today got a mail with 15% discount so booked the ferry with DFDS :121€ two persons+dog, both ways .

Wanted to use the Shutlle but it was 350€ ....no thankx!

We will be 11days in the UK:thumb

Looks like a good deal. Looking forward to seeing you!

Might want to put me in a different field I have been known to snore after a beer ;)
Maybe there should be a tick box on the booking form

Snorer? Yes / No

:D

Imo. No good ....splitting up the group .
Better use one field for everyone .

Normally I would agree, but when the area we have is full and if more people still want to come what do you do? To have too many on a field can be difficult for safety as well as other reasons. Due to the shape of the site either some people are disappointed or they have the choice to be on the field next to us separated by a hedge. It is not as if they are very far from us. 100 yards or so. They may have had to leave booking till later on due to work issues, surely it is better to include as many as want to come if possible.
Simon

You'r doing a great job Simon no doubt , it just would be nice to see everyone in one field as from feedback on other meets this has been reported beeing on two fields kind of separates the group.
After the meet just last week some people where saying they did not knew from each other beeing there and misseid out talking to each other.
A meet is all about putting faces on a name is'nt it?

Last edited:
You'r dooing a great job Simon no doubt , it just would be nice to see everyone in one field as from feedback on other meets this has been reported beeing on two fields kind of separates the group.
After the meet just last week some people where saying they did not knew from each other beeing there and misseid out talking to each other.
A meet is all about putting faces on a name is'nt it?

I suspect that’s because it was sub zero HC and many, including me, spent more time than normal huddled in their vans. It wasn’t stand around and chat weather. ☃️

Mike

Sorry to throw the spanner in the works, I was just worried about being on a grass pitch in April as most campsites where I live are totally waterlogged at the moment, maybe I should of bought a 4Motion!

Soooo disappointed we can’t come, we have organised and are cooking for a pop up Restraunt to raise money for a charity and even though I know I am superwoman, I just haven’t worked out how to be in two places at once! Have a wonderful time everyone!

Sorry to throw the spanner in the works, I was just worried about being on a grass pitch in April as most campsites where I live are totally waterlogged at the moment, maybe I should of bought a 4Motion!

Not a problem. We had the same thing at the Dorset meet, some were happier on a hard standing and some happy on grass or gravel.
I've just contacted the owner of the site to see how the ground is doing and how many pitches are left. I'll feed back later on when I have more information.
Simon

Just so people are aware. This is a Google view of the Slimbridge site. The field with the red marker on the right side is the original touring field. The field to the left of it has been turned into a touring field mostly with EHU and the field to the left again that goes to a point by the canal, is the field we are on. The scale is below.
upload_2018-3-21_9-44-12.png
Scale upload_2018-3-21_9-47-49.png
It really isn't far from one field to the next, and the hedges are quite low.