Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good morning.I am just about to collect my first California (Beach). Any tips/recommendations re insurance companies.

S

Sheila's Wheels

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Good morning all.
I am soon to collect my first campervan (Beach) I am wondering I'd any one has any tips/recommendations re insurance/insurance companies.
Thank you.

I use LV which gave me the best deal when I bought my van in 2009. Much better than Direct Line that I’d been using for many years up until then. Didn’t have silly rules like some of the other companies mentioned on this forum

I haven’t claimed yet so can’t comment on that.

We have our Beach insured with Admiral, premium is £200 for full business use, 10k miles p/year, as part of a multicar policy (…but our van is 10 years old).

NFU Mutual have best the best option for me.

We use LV with a Multi Car policy, roughly £260 for the Cali at last renewal. Make sure when you speak with them that they understand it's a camper van. Some members have had difficulty over that, we didn't.

Good morning all.
I am soon to collect my first campervan (Beach) I am wondering I'd any one has any tips/recommendations re insurance/insurance companies.
Thank you.
Is a newly registered Cali?

(Edit) And what’s your home insurance like for contents cover outside the home?

LV for us too - good price and good customer service in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received our renewal from Admiral and they have hiked the price by 24%, up to nearly £400. We’ve not made a claim for at least 20 years! A very timely thread… I’m going to check LV.

T5 Beach? You might want an agreed value policy to save agro should the worst happen. Adrian Flux worked for us, about £200 a year.

The price for me in Belgium is about ten times those in the UK for insurance. (Possibly made worse because it is my only vehicle.)

Good morning all.
Thank you.
LV for T6 Beach on multi car policy

The price for me in Belgium is about ten times those in the UK for insurance. (Possibly made worse because it is my only vehicle.)
Yeah, for me too.. paying 1,3k eur. But that covers everything (natural disasters, theft, vandalism, etc.).

What do you get for 200 quids in the UK? Just the basic insurance?

Good morning all.
Thank you.
I've been with NFU for 4 years. Best value for me and no 'renewal creep'

Yeah, for me too.. paying 1,3k eur. But that covers everything (natural disasters, theft, vandalism, etc.).

What do you get for 200 quids in the UK? Just the basic insurance?

Fully comprehensive with agreed value should the worst happen. Largely depends on where you live though.