Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good places for a Cali day trip west and south west of London?

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I'm meeting a few of my 'city folk' friends on Sunday for what is a rare jaunt out of London on the road network for them and the first time they'll have seen the Cali.

I wondered if anyone has any personal experience and recommendations for a good place to go either South West or West of London, particularly somewhere scenic we can park up the Cali and enjoy a cup of tea and some social time before and after a nice walk? Probably outside the M25 but that's not essential.

I've done a fair bit of searching and got a few ideas but nothing beats personal experience, particularly when it comes to best places to park up!

RHS Wisley Gardens just off A3/J10M25. Big car park, lovely cups of tea

Chertsey camp site and walk along the river to Hampton court, or just enjoy yourselves in the Bridge hotel overlooking the river.

A few big car parks on the Thames at Maidenhead, lunch in the blue river cafe, (thames riviera hotel)

When you say park-up do you mean overnight or just for a few hours with roof up?

Swinley Bike hub (on google maps) not only about the biking there are walks
Painshill Park was quite good
Wellington Country Park
and somewhere I just found (never been) when looking for names of the other places...
California Country Park :Stig

If you have NT membership, Cliveden

Back