GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
My beautiful darling Max,

My companion, fellow traveller, most loved friend,

Have a nice sleep by the rainbow bridge darling, and when you wake up we will all cross together.

Love you Max, forever in my heart, today with sadness and almost unbearable grief, but tomorrow in rejoicing at your memory.

0FC721A5-CCA0-4A3A-AAA2-F4B76B41A4E7.jpeg

A84EC2B0-C402-4B98-B54A-6363F3B3D55A.jpeg

69870B48-5297-4309-8069-41E889818183.jpeg

I hope tomorrow comes quickly for you. They look like some terrific memories for you to rejoice over.

Thank you x

He was a beautiful dog, Calm, obedient, hugely intelligent and so gently loyal and loving. He had a long life, He came to us as a rescue just under 14 years ago and endeared himself to everyone who ever met him.

A long life leaving behind so many memories to treasure. Typically we were camping, in Norfolk, when he was taken ill two days ago. One of my last memories will be of him sat on the grass between Jo's caravan and my camper, watching everyone go past, taking in the new sounds and smells.

Pain like I never want to feel again in this life. :sorry. My sympathy.

Pain like I never want to feel again in this life. :sorry. My sympathy.
Thank you.

People would often want me to compare my dogs, I would always reply they were all incomparable, but Max had more of my heart than all the others combined".

I'm so sorry to hear this Jen. Your companion through so many experiences, which you have generously shared through your posts. Sometimes I think I will get another dog when I'm older and there's some chance that I will go first, but in the end I know that's selfish. Love and loyalty, if only we humans could manage just that.

It doesn’t matter if you have one pet or a dozen you love them all the same. To some people it’s like asking which of your children do you love the most. Our Cat George sadly passed away after nearly 18 years, That was over 3 years ago and we still miss him. He’s buried at the bottom of our garden and I never pass his grave without saying something to him. I know exactly how you are feeling.

I'm so sorry to hear this Jen. Your companion through so many experiences, which you have generously shared through your posts. Sometimes I think I will get another dog when I'm older and there's some chance that I will go first, but in the end I know that's selfish. Love and loyalty, if only we humans could manage just that.

My thoughts exactly. If I had another dog it would probably outlast me and I would hate that. Also, for me, Max was incomparable.

It will be a strange day for me tomorrow. The first time in 60 years that I will not wake up to a dog that wants to go out for a pee, come back and want to lick me to death, skip around as I get it's breakfast ready and dance with joy as I reach for it's lead.

jo, my sister, also for we shared Max. He was there when I had my first surgery for cancer and went to stay with Jo, and when 9 years ago we chose to both move and share a house together he was the dog of the house.

It doesn’t matter if you have one pet or a dozen you love them all the same. To some people it’s like asking which of your children do you love the most. Our Cat George sadly passed away after nearly 18 years, That was over 3 years ago and we still miss him. He’s buried at the bottom of our garden and I never pass his grave without saying something to him. I know exactly how you are feeling.

Thank you x

I used to do the same, pass the grave of my beloved Sophie cat and always talk to her :)

I am so sorry to read what happened to your dog.

I never expected that a dog can become such a loved member of a family. Since over 10 years ago Honey join our family and is without any doubt our adopted child. I can't even imagine how it would be, if at some day in hopefully far distant future, she will be gone.

It must be painful for you to let your furry friend go, but hopefully the memories that you created will help.

Regards,
Eberhard

I am so sorry to read what happened to your dog.

I never expected that a dog can become such a loved member of a family. Since over 10 years ago Honey join our family and is without any doubt our adopted child. I can't even imagine how it would be, if at some day in hopefully far distant future, she will be gone.

It must be painful for you to let your furry friend go, but hopefully the memories that you created will help.

Regards,
Eberhard

Thank you Eberhard x

Yes, the passing from our furry friends is heart wrenching, but the memories, thew joys, the happy times, the welcome homes with a big fluffy tail.... those will be with me forever

So very sorry Jen.
I feel your pain.
Such a hard time but wonderful memories that will make you smile in times to come xxxx

Sad times but you gave Max a great life. The loss takes time to accept but memories and experiences you shared are forever X

My thoughts exactly. If I had another dog it would probably outlast me and I would hate that. Also, for me, Max was incomparable.

It will be a strange day for me tomorrow. The first time in 60 years that I will not wake up to a dog that wants to go out for a pee, come back and want to lick me to death, skip around as I get it's breakfast ready and dance with joy as I reach for it's lead.

jo, my sister, also for we shared Max. He was there when I had my first surgery for cancer and went to stay with Jo, and when 9 years ago we chose to both move and share a house together he was the dog of the house.
Just know that when you wake up tomorrow, there is a community of people, some of whom you’ve never met in person, who share your grief while being grateful that we know you a little, and feel fortunate that we have been given the gift of sharing your many amazing experiences through your posts.

I'm so sorry to hear that Jen. Count me into the group of people "you've never met" but know exactly what you must be feeling right now. The memories will, in time, help soothe the pain and bring a little smile to your face.

Tomorrow will always be better

I try to express this in a language that is not my mother tongue, it may sound a bit clunky but I mean well.
I feel your pain. On September 13, 2018 we lost our dearest dog Stella. I'm still not over it and I still miss her. I love dogs but don't have any now: I still can't replace her. I hope you get over it and carry on with the good memories. That is my wish for you.
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Thank you.

People would often want me to compare my dogs, I would always reply they were all incomparable, but Max had more of my heart than all the others combined".
They all have their special place, but I’ve found there’s always one that just breaks your heart when they go. Still trying to get over that one.

I try to express this in a language that is not my mother tongue, it may sound a bit clunky but I mean well.
I feel your pain. On September 13, 2018 we lost our dearest dag Stella. I'm still not over it and I still miss her. I love dogs but don't have any now: I still can't replace her. I hope you get over it and carry on with the good memories. That is my wish for you.
Greetings
Calibusje
It is very sad but after time (when it’s right), it’s good to give another dog an amazing life.
Like Max, Stella and one day Zebedee have.

It’s grief like no other to lose such a loved companion. I lost my beloved girl a few years ago, but I still miss her. She can’t be replaced although I do have another companion in my life who I love so much. Grief is replaced by happy memories but takes time, and can’t be rushed.

They never question you, will always be by your side with a never ending love and trust.
That’s why they become such a big part of our lives.
I feel your pain.

My beautiful darling Max,

My companion, fellow traveller, most loved friend,

Have a nice sleep by the rainbow bridge darling, and when you wake up we will all cross together.

Love you Max, forever in my heart, today with sadness and almost unbearable grief, but tomorrow in rejoicing at your memory.

View attachment 99638

View attachment 99639

View attachment 99640
What a beautiful dog, sorry for loss. I lost my German Shepherd on the 23rd September.

They never question you, will always be by your side with a never ending love and trust.
That’s why they become such a big part of our lives.
I feel your pain.
Thank you x

Back