Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons XL - Comments please.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Will need to get some new tyres soon, on 18,000 on original factory fitted tyres, some strange make. I don't wish to swap summer/winter tyres or wheels so am considering fitting
235/55/R17/103V Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons XL all round.

I plan on keeping the present spare as a spare as whenever I have had a puncture etc: I have only used the spare to get to a tyre shop and then it is replaced by the mended or new tyre.

Does anyone use these All-Season tyres and have any users comments relating to tyre noise , all-season use and longevity?:thumb

We have those on ours, excellent tyre so far but i've not experienced a winter yet. I have been researching all season tyres for my car and the Goodyears are consistently in the top 3 but the best is a new tyre from Nokian called "Weatherproof". Google these two tyres with your size for good online prices.

Seem to be good tyres. I have had 20k miles before change. Could have stretched to 30k if I had swapped round earlier. I managed to get 4 for £540 fitted. Seem good in the wet and mud not sure on the snow yet.

Thanks for that info. Yes, the Nokians do seem to be very good but difficult to get hold of compared with the Goodyears.
I think I will probably stick with the Goodyears, probably easier to get hold of if one needs replacement.
Thanks for your help everyone.:thumb

Seem to be good tyres. I have had 20k miles before change. Could have stretched to 30k if I had swapped round earlier. I managed to get 4 for £540 fitted. Seem good in the wet and mud not sure on the snow yet.
They should be OK in the snow as they are accepted in those countries that require Winter Tyres fitted during winter.

We have Goodyear 4 season on steel rims for winter. I was not sure about having all seasons before we got them but they were brilliant in the Alps last winter. Recommended.

Switched to these in April - they look really good, no extra road noise etc. as above yet to experience in winter but I'm sure they have helped on muddy sites!

I'll be following in about 6 weeks. In time for this "terrible" winter we're supposed to be having.:thumb

Fine for the 3700 miles my van has covered, good handling, fine in the wet and quiet. Will await winter to be sure of the 4 season claim.

On since new last year, and we've done about 11,000 miles. Would guess they'll last for at least the same again.

With other vehicles we've changed tyres from Summer to Winter, but this time thought we'd try all-season all year round to avoid that hassle / cost, and they work really well. We've used them in very hot weather this Summer and on compacted snow / ice in France in Feb.

Ours our 103H not V though, so we have to keep below about 130mph I believe.

I don't think the California is capable of 130mph, and I certainly wouldn't attempt it.
The 103H version seems more common.

I've just had four fitted. No real increase in road noise - the certainly look like they should shift some water!

H or V speed rating?

Mine are R rated and 103 load rating
Correction R17 103v load rated

Last edited:
One of the potential compromises with using winter or all season tyres seems to be worse / poor braking distance in wet or dry conditions (braking distance on snow should be reduced).

Has anyone with Goodyear 4 season vectors experienced a noticeable change in braking distance or braking performance in the wet or dry? or is this a tyre which has good all round braking distances.

On another vehicle I have put 4 season tyres on and they will be coming off asap as the braking distance is terrible. I wanted the Goodyear 4 season but the required size was not available and I would still like to switch the cali to these but not if I will have similar problems/

I have vectors on mine and they have behaved impeccably. Noticed no difference. However I am not sure that they are still made.

One of the potential compromises with using winter or all season tyres seems to be worse / poor braking distance in wet or dry conditions (braking distance on snow should be reduced).

Has anyone with Goodyear 4 season vectors experienced a noticeable change in braking distance or braking performance in the wet or dry? or is this a tyre which has good all round braking distances.

On another vehicle I have put 4 season tyres on and they will be coming off asap as the braking distance is terrible. I wanted the Goodyear 4 season but the required size was not available and I would still like to switch the cali to these but not if I will have similar problems/
Goodyear Cargo Vectors 2 - 2 sets over 43,000 miles. Changed at 4mm tread Depth on a 4 Motion, each December.
No problems and will be fitting the same next time.
https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/cargo_vector_2.CARGOVECT2.html#

We have Goodyear Cargo Vectors 4 Seasons on 17 inch Thunder alloys on our Beach, fitted from new. They're now on 25k miles and still OK. I've no problem with recomending these tyres to anyone, we have also had them fitted onto our T5 LWB, again I'm highly impressed with them.
We've not had any real winter driving to speak of but we've found them to be fine in rain and mud.
Whilst in Norway a couple of years ago, whilst another VW California ( with a different set of tyres on ) that was with us got stuck in mud on one of the campsites we stayed on, ours was fine pulling out of exactly the same conditions.

Just renewed mine at 27k and happy with performance of tyres particularly during winters in Scotland and the Alps. Found best price at Blackcircles.

Got them, got zero complaints, no nosier, last pretty well as stated, help on a muddy field

16k miles on mine, not driven the van with anything else but can't say i've ever thought they weren't performing. They probably bring your mpg down a little due to the tread on them but they have always got us out of campsites without issue rain or shine.

Well, very good stories about this Vector so far. I'm really confused now; at first the Michelins Cross Climate already in mind. Hard to choose....

Back