Graffiti

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Love it or loth it, graffiti is a fact of life.

This thread is for you to post a photo of a bit of graffiti you have seen on your travels which has made you smile.

Deer.jpg

In the culvert of the River Quaggy as it flows through the London Borough of Lewisham.

AFA7235E-A974-453F-B061-A6356FED339B.jpeg

This boat washed up in the channel and somebody painted it, including it’s graffiti. £2500 for the painting in a posh art shop.
2E6A4220-9D31-4711-BF51-DD61B55AF431.jpeg

We’ve had this topic before. I can remember commenting. Not bothering to search.

It was discussed in a now locked thread in the now moderated "Three Cocks Pub".
Ok. Thank you.
Maybe it became political. Hopefully this one won’t.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sad
Yeah triumphalist jingoistic imagery of colonial Imperial AT-ATs is a blatant trolling attempt aimed at antagonising Federation supporters.
…they’re up for sale if you want them…

Does this count (PicsArt to cover a friend), seen at Hirschgarten
d5e84995bcca0a60f1ef6395457bb001.jpeg

Yes total disgrace criminal damage they should be found and prosecuted, nothing worse than graffiti in my opinion but each too there own

Graffiti is a very interesting social/cultural/political topic. It's at the pulse of a society.
Here you see an artist in action in the middle of the night at one of my client's buildings. The owner decided to keep the spider on this backyard wall. The artist became later known as Bonom, our Brussels counterpart of Banksy.
2208c720-e250-11e6-ac60-5c0c9314a613.jpg
Bonom likes a challenge: often 7-floor high works made overnight. The first interventions brought polemics to town. The graffiti known as 'Zizi' ('w°°ner') hereunder for example got quite some public support to maintain it, feminist organizations fought for their own favorites to be kept. Some of these explicits became authorized after city council debates. Interesting that for this forum I censured them, no?

Bonom censured.jpg

My personal opinion: I hate cheap tagging in general. It's just trash. But in metropoles like Brussels, with its chaotic urban planning that grew since the late sixties, I see these more 'artistic' works quite often as normal social reactions. For a decade the city council understood this and started supporting/funding this kind of interventions on massive blind walls. Good, even if it's an opportunistic way of disguising urban planning discrepancies. The tourist department promotes street art tours nowadays. A city like Ostend even organizes an annual Art event ("the Crystal Ship"), to expose its latest creations of Street Art (like this one offering a view inside of two opposite big mouths).
crystalship. Oostende.jpg EEbqYSFWkAAsWTc.jpg
The last one is in a dead-end alley just behind the corner of my office. A modern explicit of an ancient one.

Last edited:
This one on the aptly named Blue Bridge across the M4 at Bristol always made me smile. Gone now but not sure about the other Helch works.55CC73D6-F66F-4C9C-8CE6-017043C90740.jpeg