Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali 600 - Battery not holding charge

A

asilcox1

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hey Everyone,

New to all this so please bear with me. I have a grand Cali 600 and there seems to be an issue with the battery. Its not holding charge for very long within 17hrs (not used at all) it went from 60% 60hrs to 20% battery 23hrs. I turned the fridge off as i though that might be draining it. Not sure what else would drain it? or is it the case that i have a faulty battery.

Its under warranty but nearest VW garage is around 2 hrs away. We have it booked in as when we had it the truma boiler panel wasn't connecting to the touch screen, after looking at the back of the truma panel we discovered that the wires had completely come out of the connector!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glass lids shattering, faulty locker catches,flat batteries,no way to overcome the dump valve problem without using a clothes peg,having to re -boot the electrics every time a fault pops up.
I'm waiting for the GC680.1

Glass lids shattering, faulty locker catches,flat batteries,no way to overcome the dump valve problem without using a clothes peg,having to re -boot the electrics every time a fault pops up.
I'm waiting for the GC680.1
Look at Hymer Camping Cars instead.

Hey Everyone,

New to all this so please bear with me. I have a grand Cali 600 and there seems to be an issue with the battery. Its not holding charge for very long within 17hrs (not used at all) it went from 60% 60hrs to 20% battery 23hrs. I turned the fridge off as i though that might be draining it. Not sure what else would drain it? or is it the case that i have a faulty battery.

Its under warranty but nearest VW garage is around 2 hrs away. We have it booked in as when we had it the truma boiler panel wasn't connecting to the touch screen, after looking at the back of the truma panel we discovered that the wires had completely come out of the connector!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the same problem. I bought my 2020 GC 600 from a dealer who put 4,000 km on it and I believe did not maintain the batteries in the 6 months they had it before I bought it. I also get the impression that my solar panel is not doing much, if anything, in terms of helping to charge. I'm taking it to another dealer next week and if I get any wisdom on the battery I'll let you know.

I'm having the same problem. I bought my 2020 GC 600 from a dealer who put 4,000 km on it and I believe did not maintain the batteries in the 6 months they had it before I bought it. I also get the impression that my solar panel is not doing much, if anything, in terms of helping to charge. I'm taking it to another dealer next week and if I get any wisdom on the battery I'll let you know.
That would be great thank you!

I have the same problem I know my battery is fine it’s brand new, I know the solar panel & controller are working fine tested with multimeter ,I believe the trouble lies somewhere else in wiring or another charge controller maybe the main charger under the passenger seat.

Back