Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Fuse Layout

B

Bobcat01

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Does anyone have a fuse layout specifically for a GC680.
ive included a photo for the electrical cabinet are these the only fuses on board?.

Ive got problems with the Truma gas, crash protector unit In the gas bottle cabinet
The gas is good, the bottle selector is green but the pop out button on the protector will not stay in.
When it's held in all gas supplies are good and the hob burners work okay. My first thought is possibly the fuse is blown.

Any ideas appreciated.

2AAA3C43-5DEE-47F1-ACAE-9B6C7D4FBABE.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone have a fuse layout specifically for a GC680.
ive included a photo for the electrical cabinet are these the only fuses on board?.

Ive got problems with the Truma gas, crash protector unit In the gas bottle cabinet
The gas is good, the bottle selector is green but the pop out button on the protector will not stay in.
When it's held in all gas supplies are good and the hob burners work okay. My first thought is possibly the fuse is blown.

Any ideas appreciated.

View attachment 69667
Try turning it slightly as you push it in. It’s hidden in the mass of handbooks you will have.

Try turning it slightly as you push it in. It’s hidden in the mass of handbooks you will have.
Ian your a saviour, using the special tool provided a very slight clockwise turn sorted it.
that very small dimple on the left side is actually a Torx bit.

UPDATE after research there does not appear to be an electrical supply to the crash unit despite some of the German sites showing a fuse for one. Perhaps a different unit.

A fuse layout would still be greatly appreciated.

900BA6CE-F2BD-47B9-A7CC-AA915AD57D76.jpeg

Last edited:
I was there just a few weeks ago. Who knew that reading the manual might help.

Hs anyone got hold of a fuse layout diagram yet ? have a problem - all our items on the DC circuit are not working (water pump , Step , lights ..)

Hs anyone got hold of a fuse layout diagram yet ? have a problem - all our items on the DC circuit are not working (water pump , Step , lights ..)
Hi,
one member of the German VW forum made this nice summary (jpg) , I just "made " (with Deepl translate) the translation.
Bart

Sicherungen.jpg.4915f02a5effa0e954e62f5867295dcc.jpg

Attachments

• Grand California Fuse Layout , electrical cabinet..pdf
    101 KB · Views: 366
Hi,
one member of the German VW forum made this nice summary (jpg) , I just "made " (with Deepl translate) the translation.
Bart

View attachment 80792
It could be useful posting your PDF file in the Resources section as it would be easier to find for VIP members and also easier for VIP members to refer to when offering help to non VIP members.

It could be useful posting your PDF file in the Resources section as it would be easier to find for VIP members and also easier for VIP members to refer to when offering help to non VIP members.
Good idea ,
I am not sure if I, as a none VIP member, can post in the Resource section .
If so maybe a VIP member can post this .
As title e.g. :” Fuse layout for the GC in the technical cabinet “.

There are more fuses for example under the driver seat , that is why "technical cabinet" should be mentioned in the title.

Good idea ,
I am not sure if I, as a none VIP member, can post in the Resource section .
If so maybe a VIP member can post this .
As title e.g. :” Fuse layout for the GC in the technical cabinet “.

There are more fuses for example under the driver seat , that is why "technical cabinet" should be mentioned in the title.
Done.

Hi there,

We have this same problem - just arisen a few days before we are planning to head off. Can you let us know how you fixed it?

Thanks

Hi there,

We have this same problem - just arisen a few days before we are planning to head off. Can you let us know how you fixed it?

Thanks
Hi, i was also looking for a solution to a broken step and found one on a German forum. With the red main switch in the fuse cupboard off and the ignition off, pull out the blue wire bundle, furthest right behind the glovebox on my left hand drive GC. This should reset the circuit the step is on.

After a couple of minutes plug it back in, turn the red switch back on, check the step control on the dash hasn’t reset to on and try your luck with the door.

My step stopped working within a couple of weeks of getting the van but this did the trick. I’ll see how long the fix lasts…

Fyi

Attachments

• GC 600 (leisure) electrical system wiring diagrams _ VW California Owners Club.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
Hi, i was also looking for a solution to a broken step and found one on a German forum. With the red main switch in the fuse cupboard off and the ignition off, pull out the blue wire bundle, furthest right behind the glovebox on my left hand drive GC. This should reset the circuit the step is on.

After a couple of minutes plug it back in, turn the red switch back on, check the step control on the dash hasn’t reset to on and try your luck with the door.

My step stopped working within a couple of weeks of getting the van but this did the trick. I’ll see how long the fix lasts…
Picked up my new 680 yesterday. Step stopped working a couple of hours later. Your fix worked for me.
Thank you!

P.s. for others: in a right hand drive, the blue connector is still under the glove box, passenger side.

Just behind,you need a small screwdriver to release the clip on the blue socket.
This rectified the faulty step.

Thank you very, very much. I´m going to try today.

Sorry, it didn´t work. The battery indikation at the panel wasn´t calibrated.
It still show 100% whatever (because the Lithium has higher voltage than AGM,
the shunt couldn´t fix it I guess) Have I did something wrong?

Thank you! Just tried this fix but couldn't pull the blue wire bundle out so gave up as afraid that I wouldn't be able to put it back in if I did actually get it out..

Shove a small flat bladed screwdriver down the retaining clip side to release the blue plug

Back