Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California new owner and some early issues - Any feedback appreciated on resolutions

A

Alan&Angela

Vehicle
Grand California 600
I have a 2020 Grand California. First outing has raise three frustrating issues I'd love any feedback on. Dealer will be taking it in 2 weeks time to resolve but would like to hear from anyone who has experienced similar issues.

1. The second battery does not charge when plugged into mains. On engine all works fine. First trip into dealer said it was a software problem said they'd fixed it but no!

2. I have continually failed to get hot water. I have tracked issue down to an error code on the display but the van is Spanish and as yet have not sourced and English owners manual. On the list for dealer!

3. The bathroom shelf supports have come unstuck. They seem very flimsy and again are for the dealer to sort out.

None of these have stopped us enjoying the van but they are a real frustration!

I have a 2020 Grand California. First outing has raise three frustrating issues I'd love any feedback on. Dealer will be taking it in 2 weeks time to resolve but would like to hear from anyone who has experienced similar issues.

1. The second battery does not charge when plugged into mains. On engine all works fine. First trip into dealer said it was a software problem said they'd fixed it but no!

2. I have continually failed to get hot water. I have tracked issue down to an error code on the display but the van is Spanish and as yet have not sourced and English owners manual. On the list for dealer!

3. The bathroom shelf supports have come unstuck. They seem very flimsy and again are for the dealer to sort out.

None of these have stopped us enjoying the van but they are a real frustration!
Firstly welcome,

Secondly best remove you GC post code.

1. There. Have been some issues with the Controls panel, please could you explain why its not charging what do you see on the panel. The green bar When connected should run up and down. By the way the battery under the bonnet is the leisure battery.

2. You do not say if your Trumer boiler is gas or diesel, contact Truma UK they are extremely helpful and will diagnose within a second. Sound like the boiler is not In operation, do you get heating.

3 They are not fixed but slightly bent like a pressure fit to hold them in place.

good luck.

Google YouTube California Chris Grand California as he produces great Helpful videos.

Will

Will
1. It looks like its charging with the bar does go up when plugged into the mains but the battery runs flat. i took to charging it with my own charger and yes the one under the bonnet. today i took it into the dealer and yes they had already done some research and said this is a known software problem. Finders crossed they have a fix as the Spanish dealer I tried whilst on vacation failed to fix it.

2. Not sure if its Tuma. There is no hot water and nor does the heater come on. I'll post what they say and do. There's every chance its finger trouble as my manual is in Spanish and I do not speak a word!

3. Yes they are flimsy and bendy have small pins and seem to be held in place with sticky tape. Dealer said this too is a know problem and again I'll post what they do about it.

Alan

Back