Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grateful

Javier Millan

Javier Millan

J_South
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Hi everyone, I am Javier from Gibraltar and wanted to express my gratitude for the wealth of information found on this forum. I have been a member of this awesome community for a while now and everything i know about a VW Cali is thanks to everyone here. A very big thank you.
After a good few years of savings i have finally taken the plunge, am currently waiting for a Cali beach. It should arrive sometime in March, fingers crossed. I am not new to the van life, i previously owned a Mercedes Vito (converted) for over 4 year but always had the Cali at the back of my thoughts. I am a keen windsurfer and in love with nature and wildlife. I have Morocco at a stone throw away and Tarifa (windsurfing capital of Spain) even closer. Owning a van is a must have in my humble opinion, especially if you are into the great outdoors. I chose the 2 rear seater, 4 motion 150bhp in beige with a few added extras: diff lock, led lights, awning, privacy glass and an empty pocket :) I bought my van in Spain and will be importing it into Gibraltar. Wish me luck. Brexit is a great concern. By the way, if anyone is traveling to the south of Spain and needs any type of info plz let me know, i will be more than happy to help out. Have a great weekend everyone, be good jejeje

[RSVP=28515]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Hi Javier and welcome - Like you I am a recent member of the forum and also find it extremely useful.
I have very warm memories from a number of windsurfing speed and slalom competitions in Tarifa in the early 1990s, but I understand a lot of building in the area has largely killed the wind across much of the bay.
Enjoy your Cali - I pick up mine tomorrow :)
Cheers, Mike

boris bike

Javier, when you type in a certain word it gets corrected by forum software to Boris Bike :)

The origins go back in history when almost every thread mentioned that word which in turn started a lot of non-cali-related discussion that often became over-heated.

Welcome by the way :)

Hi Javier and welcome - Like you I am a recent member of the forum and also find it extremely useful.
I have very warm memories from a number of windsurfing speed and slalom competitions in Tarifa in the early 1990s, but I understand a lot of building in the area has largely killed the wind across much of the bay.
Enjoy your Cali - I pick up mine tomorrow :)
Cheers, Mike
You lucky man, wish you the very best with you new fun machine. Ref wind in Tarifa. you are right, if you decide to sail near the town you will find new developments that do get in the way. I recommend to get out of town and head to the dunes.

Javier, when you type in a certain word it gets corrected by forum software to Boris Bike :)

The origins go back in history when almost every thread mentioned that word which in turn started a lot of non-cali-related discussion that often became over-heated.

Welcome by the way :)
Thanks for that info. am not very bright when it comes to computers and was wondering what was i doing wrong lol. funny though. i wanted to write B R E X I T.

If you want some light entertainment, take a look at some of the spills from one of our events in Tarifa in I think 1991 before the building killed the wind on the speed course:
That day it was blowing 40 gusting to 60-70 knots and yes, the crashes did hurt :)

If you want some light entertainment, take a look at some of the spills from one of our events in Tarifa in I think 1991 before the building killed the wind on the speed course:
That day it was blowing 40 gusting to 60-70 knots and yes, the crashes did hurt :)
Wow a blast from the past. Back in those days there must have been a few windsurfing shops like armalite, no work team, hot stick, catfun and that was pretty much it. Now you have shops in every corner. The speed course is dead now. thanks for the vid. Back to memory lane.

On another note, has anyone managed to fit an Engel MT 45 fridge at the back of the driver seat in a rear two seater bench ? Thanks.

I have one on a plate that mounts on the seat rails.
View attachment 41103 View attachment 41104

BTW Welcome to you from the Colony of Gibraltar :)
Hi Loz, many thanks for
I have one on a plate that mounts on the seat rails.
View attachment 41103 View attachment 41104

BTW Welcome to you from the Colony of Gibraltar :)
Hi Loz. Thanks for the pics. I also have the same black platform but will need the second one that will be attached to the rails. Did you make yours.? If so what material did you use. By the way, cool carpet. Saludos

Hi Javier, here's another 2-seater bench windsurfer!
I was planning to come to Tarifa next summer with the Cali but my 15 y.o. son insisted to stay in Italy in order to meet his friends.
Life is hard with the family, but sooner or later I will come .. with the family or ..ALONE !

Oh, I've always been so jealous of you surfers. Well, in fact about that nostalgic little fin on top of the roof.
And then now you all hide them inside?....
;)

Hi Loz . Great photos . Can you tell me where I can get the catches please ? I’ve done a search with codes but not come up with anything . Thanks .
They are a VW part you could order from your local dealer. 7H5 861 205

Back