Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great surfmobile!

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Don't think many of you surf but I reckon the Californias roots are in the sport.

Its such a great machine for surf transport! Take today - board goes in easily, decent sounds, gets there fairly quickly, easy to change in and the best thing today - the heated seats saved me from shivering my limbs off!

Then there's the obvious benefits of being able to sleep in in, cook by the beach, make a post surf brew, etc, etc!

Fun waves today too!

Your so right on this one Kernowlad, Ive just ordered a set of roof bars to strap my board onto ( im obviousley not as good as you as i need to strap my 7.6" board on the roof).

Next will be the bike rack for the kite buggy :clap

Steve

Very jealous.

Just started back working after a fantastic summer, and am stuck looking out the window day dreaming. :sad

Better book my next trip...

Funnily enough, having just ordered our Cali last week, bI suggested to my wife at the weekend that I might buy a surfboard :lol:

Woolacombe is one of my favourite places and I'm really looking forward to being able to park up our cali on the road over looking the beach, have a brew, Sunday evening fish and chips while watching the waves.

Great to hear from some fellow surfers!

Local breaks with the balding shortar5e that is me wobbling around...

17435_266834087804_2497335_n.jpg

171_8824692804_6443_n.jpg

I see this has been moved to "catch a wave" never to be seen again. :?: :headwall

Seeing as this is more or less what the original Cali was designed for, I would have thought it would be "allowed" in General. Damn me for using the vehicle for it's original purpose.

And it was about the CALI, not actual surfing.

Come on guys, ahem Stu, try and moderate a little more fairly. And maybe let us know when a post is moved? It's not all about who has a Berg. ;)

KernowLad said:
Great to hear from some fellow surfers!

Well I'd love to lay claim to be a surfer, but I'm not sure that I really qualify at present.

Fellow regular body boarder - check
Fellow surfer - :funny

I havent surfed for a few years, but I can feel the urge coming back, especially with the Cali on its way :thumb

opps forgot to say, great pics by the way :clap

KernowLad said:
I see this has been moved to "catch a wave" never to be seen again. :?: :headwall

Seeing as this is more or less what the original Cali was designed for, I would have thought it would be "allowed" in General. Damn me for using the vehicle for it's original purpose.

And it was about the CALI, not actual surfing.

Come on guys, ahem Stu, try and moderate a little more fairly. And maybe let us know when a post is moved? It's not all about who has a Berg. ;)

Sorry you seem upset it was me that moved your post, its something we have to do all the time, to stop sections like General VW Cali Chat becoming a mass of topics.

I thought I was doing you a favor as your post can now be found and not lost forever in General Chat. :eek:

We also want to encourage some communities with a common interest like Surfing within the general Cali community and it is my hope that this will lead to new friendships and maybe eventually Cali Club Meetings with a common theme like surfing.

John

Used our Cali for a couple of surfing lessons when we camped in Pembrokeshire this summer. As expected for August it was cloudy, rainy and windy, so really great to peel off the wetsuit and then get inside with the heater on "toast" setting and dry ourselves off :D

Wish I had some pics of me like that, but I think I need a little more practice yet :headwall

--Nick

John - thanks for explaining and apologies. An ill baby meant a fifth night on the trot of very little sleep and a rather grumpy me!

Bj - thanks! Really hard to get surfing pics as you need serious kit to zoom in enough. A few very good surfers I know have none. Others seem to get photos almost every session!

KernowLad said:

Hmm don't see how I was in the firing line for this one :shocked

You're just narked that you didn't choose DSG :barmy :laugh2 :rofl

Stu said:
KernowLad said:

Hmm don't see how I was in the firing line for this one :shocked

You're just narked that you didn't choose DSG :barmy :laugh2 :rofl

But...

just...

imagine...

having...

to

put up with

wrong wheel drive... :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmJ9XFtpOU

strange this DSG thing - clearly a little ribbing from many but I REALLY DON"T LIKE DRIVE SLOWLY and GUZZLE boxes. Message received and understood? Thought not. :headwall

Great photo's.

My choice modes of transport are a little longer, SUP (inflatable, always in the boot) and Sea Kayak!

How does a surfing post lead to DSG..... :smile :laugh2

Thinking about a little trip down to Cornwall for the Sea Kayak Cornwall symposium in Falmouth next month.

MKRW said:
Great photo's.

My choice modes of transport are a little longer, SUP (inflatable, always in the boot) and Sea Kayak!

How does a surfing post lead to DSG..... :smile :laugh2

Thinking about a little trip down to Cornwall for the Sea Kayak Cornwall symposium in Falmouth next month.
Shout if you do. We are just up the river from Falmouth!

The DSG thing will run on and on and on...!

Up the river from Falmouth........?

I was anchored in the bay below Trelissick in 1991 and woke to the news of Gorbachev being held and overthrown. Have done so much sailing up the Fal, Helford, Fowey........etc.......

Slight tangent... surf related though :)

I'm looking for a way to lock my surfboard onto some roof bars. Does anyone have a solution for this? I haven't been able to find anything via google

Thanks
Dave

That looks like it'll do the job nicely.

Thanks

Big post just lost somehow!

We don't lock ours - they are such a pain to put on that we don't bother! Having said that they only go on the roof when the missus has her board (8ft). Mine (5'9") fits in the boot!

Bern - we live just up the river in Malpas Village. Often whizz to Trelissick in the boat (which is from Helford!) and spent lot of time in Fowey as a teen at St Austell 6th form. A mate lived there and we had many a carnage night in the town!

Up the Fal the water barges from WW11 used to be stored until about 15 years ago.....the ground tackle from them is now used for the Truro harbour commissioners pontoons......lovely walks all round there, great spot to live.

BerndRos said:
Up the Fal the water barges from WW11 used to be stored until about 15 years ago.....the ground tackle from them is now used for the Truro harbour commissioners pontoons......lovely walks all round there, great spot to live.

Yep - loads of WW2 history around here. Some epic braveness took place and loads of concrete hardstanding still left from where they hid 1000s of American troops in the forests bound for D day.

What I really like is most of the Eastern bank of the Fal being an AONB/part of the Tregothnan Estate/private farmland and so completely devoid of any development. Miles of unspoilt estuary coast seems rare these days.

We do love it here even if we often wonder if we should move back "home" to the North Cornish coast (nr Rock/Polzeath)!

Great to hear from someone else that likes the area - sounds like you know it well! cool

Back