Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Green Hill Farm Review (Landlord, New Forest)

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Had the first night away in the Cali on Saturday, a trial run with a mate before using it with the family this week.

I chose Green Hill Farm due to it's proximity to some nice villages with pubs and a taste of the New Forest scenery whilst still having access to the comfortable facilities i wanted for the first night away.

Overall impression was really positive - three separate areas, two of which are adults only and one is dog free too. The adults only areas have the best scenery with lakes and more interesting wildlife whereas the family field is bigger and a bit more functional in terms of appearance but having access to a very large and well kept amenities block as well as a well sized kids play area and a cafe/restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating (closed at this time of year).

Worth noting that the second largest amenities block was closed for the winter meaning you need to take a longer walk to the family block or a very small block in the second adults only field. This smaller block seems like a back-up for those with their own onboard facilities, only one shower in there and not very intelligently designed so quite cramped if more than one person in the block at one time as shower cubicle door opens out onto the sink area and can't be wedged closed.

Friendly welcome at reception and all gates are controlled by a key card. Easy walk into Nomansland nearby for a very nice pub dinner at the Lamb Inn (with sport on the TV.).There isn't a footpath for the first 10mins of the walk and our phone lights seemed a bit paltry - must remember the head torch next time.

I paid £19.50 for a one-night weekend stay in February with hard standing and electric hook-up.

*edit: title should say Landford, New Forest

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

Last edited:
Back