Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grey 180, RH12 ***, Polzeath

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Spotted earlier just after I had a surf (waves are now a two min walk away!) bike rack on the back.

Not us but we went past up to Tintagel today.

Yesterday we spotted a '57 plate silver in the Car park at St Ives....thankfully my wife drove in....as I really do not like the narrow streets.

MKRW said:
Not us but we went past up to Tintagel today.

Yesterday we spotted a '57 plate silver in the Car park at St Ives....thankfully my wife drove in....as I really do not like the narrow streets.

St Ives is horrendous in anything wider than a moped! I almost got stuck in the other (narrower than the van) car there a while back - took some nerve to get through the most comically narrow street.

Oh and avoid the Gweek (seal sanctuary) to Helford Passage road - I'm fairly un-fazeable (!) but this road is a total nightmare. Super narrow, hardly any passing points and the ones that are there are way too narrow. And no one else appears to be able to reverse... :headbang

The slope of the car park at Gweek Seal sanctuary does remind you how heavy the Cali sliding door is whenever you try and open and then close it. On one occasion I opened the door but just failed to latch it open. It then closed like an industrial guillotine ....

beardie said:
The slope of the car park at Gweek Seal sanctuary does remind you how heavy the Cali sliding door is whenever you try and open and then close it. On one occasion I opened the door but just failed to latch it open. It then closed like an industrial guillotine ....

Another occasion where I was glad of 4Motion - that car park is lethal! Saw two cars not make it up the steep bit - both fairly modern.

The sliding door can be pretty nasty on a slope!

KernowLad said:
beardie said:

Another occasion where I was glad of 4Motion - that car park is lethal! Saw two cars not make it up the steep bit - both fairly modern.

I did this two weeks ago, in 115bhp 2WD Tree Hugging Bluemotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BL_AIO ... re=related

No problem - and this is steep.

James

Custard said:
KernowLad said:
beardie said:

I did this two weeks ago, in 115bhp 2WD Tree Hugging Bluemotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BL_AIO ... re=related

No problem - and this is steep.

James

Great looking road! The car park is really steep, it was damp, two cars struggled. It's quite notorious for it. Xenons can help ;-)

James[/quote]

Xenons can help ;-)[/quote]

By the heat of the beams drying out paths in the wet Tarmac to allow safe passage?

Perhaps VW could add this to their marketing

beardie said:

Xenons can help ;-)[/quote]

By the heat of the beams drying out paths in the wet Tarmac to allow safe passage?

Perhaps VW could add this to their marketing[/quote]

lol - now that's an idea :)

James

Back