Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guide - Fitting the 'Missing' Battery Cover.

S

Stu

Guest User
VW in their wisdom and no doubt to save a few pence no longer fit two under bonnet trims on the FL California. One on the drivers side and one on the passenger side which covers the battery compartment.

To fit the one on the battery compartment you'll need -

Cover 7E0 119 515A - £11.74 + VAT
Clip 7M3 915 428 - £0.50 + VAT

The offending opening -

TheOffendingHole.jpg

The van will likely be fitted with an intermediate filler piece like this -

IntermediateFillerStrip.jpg

To remove this simply undo the plastic cross head screw visible at the front and lift it out.

Fit the clip 7M3 915 428 into this opening near the outside edge of the slam panel where the font wing meets the headlight -

TheMissingFixing.jpg

Left is the previously fitted filler piece, right is the new battery cover -

TheParts.jpg

Fitting the battery cover is simply a case of aligning it with the edge of the battery box and screwing up the two cross head plastic screws.

The finished article which I'm sure you'll agree looks much better -

JobDone.jpg

To fit the one on the drivers side you'll need -

Cover 7E0 805 583 9B9 - £6.54 + VAT
Spreader Rivet x 2 N911 585 01 £2.90 + VAT

The opening on the drivers side is -

TheOtherMissingCover.jpg

Parts -

Parts.jpg

Cover in place with fixings parts fitted -

PartFitted.jpg

The finished article -

Fitted.jpg

It looks very smart Stu - I am sure these parts are easy to get hold enough but it would be good if we as owners could access them through the forum.

I do like these posts of yours :)

Very practical and much neater

James

Custard said:
It looks very smart Stu - I am sure these parts are easy to get hold enough but it would be good if we as owners could access them through the forum.

You can James - SMG :thumb

We could of course supply them from the 'Kev Shop' etc but it's impractical to be honest. They would be bought at trade money at best which doesn't leave enough margin to make it viable and would end up costing the forum membership more for postage etc.

Give SMG a shout or pop along to your local VW dealer.

Stu said:
Custard said:

You can James - SMG :thumb

We could of course supply them from the 'Kev Shop' etc but it's impractical to be honest. They would be bought at trade money at best which doesn't leave enough margin to make it viable and would end up costing the forum membership more for postage etc.

Give SMG a shout or pop along to your local VW dealer.

Yes, of course :)

And they are cheap enough parts.

I am not going to do this mod at the mo :) But I may to speak to Chris at Tonbridge soon and order them.

My next project is I am having some Beach graphics applied to Betty which I will talk about on Tuesday.

James

That looks very smart Stu thats my next job on the cali as well as the new draw you found and the RNS510 update :laugh2

Gary

I've got the drawer on order so hopefully not too much longer on that.

I was trying to rob one of those of a caravelle I see in the garage the other day ... Lol ... He wouldn't let me have it obviously ..

Stu,

Thanks for this. I'l get on and order the parts from my local van dealer whilst i'm getting a quote from their body shop for repairing my mirror.....

Simon

Stu,

Can you check the battery cover part
Number? Showing as invalid at my local VW dealer...

Cheers,

Simon

Tell them to ignore the 9B9 which is the colour and input 7E0 119 515 A.

7E0 119 515 A.jpg

Stu said:
Tell them to ignore the 9B9 which is the colour and input 7E0 119 515 A.

Yes that sorted it! Thanks Stu (as always!)

Apart from looking more "right" is there any actual advantage to this mod? I fear the extra 100 grams may slow us down too much. Do they do a carbon version? ;) :D

KernowLad said:
Apart from looking more "right" is there any actual advantage to this mod?

Nope :laugh2

It does give you the nice storage space, I like to keep my spare oil and screen wash in there. You could put your marmalade sandwiches in there :rofl

Carbon - Hmm, me thinks you have money to burn ;)

Hmm but all blokes like carbon. My MTB is a bit of a carbon fest. Pointless but it looks nice!

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know if you are interested in these part then i can offer them to the forum at
£10.30 + vat and will cover cost of postage and packaging so you still make a saving.

If your interested the please dont hesitate to call me. :D

Cheers

Steve

Can you price the other parts to make a package please Steve??

Back