Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guide - Fitting the 'Missing' Battery Cover.

The first post is now updated with the drivers side cover fitted :thumb

The battery cover and leading edge cover were fitted as standard to my last California.

Things must be tight at VW to omit such low cost items and have them as accessories.
Brings in the money though.

Hubert

Hello people........

To supply the two trims for the Cali it will cost.......

£21.40 +VAT.

I will cover the cost of postage and packaging. If anyone is interested then please PM me with all your details.

Regards

Steve :hello

Steve have you included the fixings required in the price?

Hi

Thanks for the info . Fitted the bits on my new dream machine. It does improve the under bonnet look.
regards
Colin

Hi guys.... just to let you know with VW price increase these parts are now £25.85 +vat

Just fitted these. Makes it look much tidier under the bonnet.

Thanks to SMG for the discounted parts and fast delivery.

:upsidedown

I'd like to say thanks for this tip along with everyone else. I fitted the covers last night and yes, it looks a lot tidier. I can't imagine why VW don't fit them to Californias as standard. Perhaps they come out of the same "protected" parts bin as wheel nut covers!

Martyn

Martyn said:
I'd like to say thanks for this tip along with everyone else. I fitted the covers last night and yes, it looks a lot tidier. I can't imagine why VW don't fit them to Californias as standard. Perhaps they come out of the same "protected" parts bin as wheel nut covers!

Martyn

I think your right Marytn ... I did get nut covers for mine for £0 ;-)

Martyn said:
I'd like to say thanks for this tip along with everyone else. I fitted the covers last night and yes, it looks a lot tidier. I can't imagine why VW don't fit them to Californias as standard.

To keep cost of vehicle down which in turn means more profit margin !!

I am more surprised about the wheel covers as it says they should be fitted in the manual !

Andy said:
Martyn said:
I'd like to say thanks for this tip along with everyone else. I fitted the covers last night and yes, it looks a lot tidier. I can't imagine why VW don't fit them to Californias as standard.

To keep cost of vehicle down which in turn means more profit margin !!

I am more surprised about the wheel covers as it says they should be fitted in the manual !

I would suspect that's a UK think Andy as Cali's in the UK always have alloys added whereas elsewhere, steel wheels are the norm

James

VW actually issued a service bulletin to dealers to explain that after a certain date (which escapes me) the covers would no longer be fitted so if a customer comes in to complain they are missing they should be told it's as it should be

Martyn said:

Martyn

Mine was fitted as standard

John

Does someone have the part number for the battery cover for the facelift model please?

Back