Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

gutted!

C

Chestnutscott

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Apologies for my 1st post being negative on such a fantastic group where I’ve found some grt info the last few wks,
Collection day today gutted to find 7 scratches on 4 different panels 2 damaged internal seat belt panels an a door card damaged,3 yellow stains in the carpet and marks on rear seat an roof lining,to say upset was an understatement 60k at a vw dealer am to cut it short that’s the handover,
deposit returned and walked away,a very stress full day,on the look out for another with a better customer sefvice
Wish me luck

Hi Chestnutscott,

Sympathy for the situation, must be stressful.

There is still plenty of U.K. stock out there, don’t loose heart

Good luck in the unexpected new search.

Shocking. Brand new?
How did it get through the pre delivery inspection?

Thankyou
I know I asked to spk to the boss his words technicians only check everything is safe an works,

So I presume quality is luck of the draw an yes was a pre reg 30 miles on the clock

They even attempted to pull the internal panels off another Cali to swap over an damaged those,

But surely someone had the responsibility to check the vehicle condition?
Very poor.
I hope you find another soon.

I'm so sorry to read this. Your big day screwed up by appallingly bad customer care.

Well, firstly, welcome to our forum and moan all you like.. There are some great VW dealers out there but sadly just as many not so great, so please vent it here.

Keep looking, please let us know the dealer in dealer reviews, keep the faith and welcome again as one of our family.

Good for you to walk away from the deal. There are some good dealers out there and seem to be some good vans about. Put your custom where they know what they are doing and please review your dealer.

I’m confused, did you not view the van before committing a deposit ?

Well done for walking away and getting your deposit back, those marks would have spoilt your enjoyment for years to come.

I’m confused, did you not view the van before committing a deposit ?

Well done for walking away and getting your deposit back, those marks would have spoilt your enjoyment for years to come.
Went to view there on site stock,then this one was pointed out to me spec wise which ticked all the boxes an was being stored in there compound was yet to be advertised,
compound was away from there site,

Terrible experience, sorry to hear.
How can it have so much damage in 30 miles? It makes these only 30 kiles very suspicious...
Or one of the employees took it to a campsite nearby to try it with his family, and the little chavvies trashed it..

Apologies for my 1st post being negative on such a fantastic group where I’ve found some grt info the last few wks,
Collection day today gutted to find 7 scratches on 4 different panels 2 damaged internal seat belt panels an a door card damaged,3 yellow stains in the carpet and marks on rear seat an roof lining,to say upset was an understatement 60k at a vw dealer am to cut it short that’s the handover,
deposit returned and walked away,a very stress full day,on the look out for another with a better customer sefvice
Wish me luck
That’s absolutely appalling :Iamsorry you’ve had such a negative experience.

That’s awful and totally understand you being gutted. Well done for walking away...

Terrible,
Which dealership was it...?

Can completely relate to how your feeling after having similar issues on brand new vehicles in the past.

If you're not wanting to name the dealer, would you be able to let us know the van specification and colour.

I'm looking at new / pre-reg T6's at the moment, so the information would be handy
Let me know by pm what spec colour you are looking for I might be able to help

Sorry to hear that cns. Good to walk away when committing your hard earned money to it. Another better Cali will come along from a good dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Good option to step away, just picked up an ex demonstrator ocean from Listers in Worcester, bought a lot of vehicles in my time but the service and attention toon to detail was exemplary. As others have said the right Cali for you is out there, keep searching !

Thanks,,,
niceone glad it all went well looking forward to seeing the pics

Wish me luck
Sorry to hear you s had a bad experience. I picked up an Ocean from Liverpool VW Van Centre on Weds. Give them a call. My experience was fantastic. The Cali was spotless and exactly as described. Speak to Carl.

I bought our Cali which had around 1k miles on the clock from Hawco in Inverness.
They were very good and the was prepared very well. Very helpful and a great sales and service team at this dealer. Would recommend them to source a vehicle for you.
If you would be prepared to travel to Scotland of course!

Sorry to hear you s had a bad experience. I picked up an Ocean from Liverpool VW Van Centre on Weds. Give them a call. My experience was fantastic. The Cali was spotless and exactly as described. Speak to Carl.
It’s swings & roundabouts with dealers. Liverpool is the nearest Cali dealer to us, yet we had such a poor experience with them pre purchase we walked away and bought from Llandudno.

You did the best thing and walked away. I had a similar experience with BMW. When I ordered my Cali I told them that I will only except the vehicle after inspection, once I had checked it over from roof to tyres I told them I was having it

Back