Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GYBE Awning

S

smoss

Can anyone help and explain - ideally with pictures as a little simpler to understand.

We really like the GYBE awning but are a little confused how it fits to the van
http://shop.gybe-design.com/en/t/t5-tent

When the roof is up we always fit a Mutze top just in case its rains etc, this is hooked onto the side rails via elasticated ties that hook over small lugs that you fit to the side rails.

If the roof is up with the Mutze fitted can we still add the GYBE awning and then disconnect and use as a driveway style awning?

2010 California - new shape, owned from new but only just started using overnight as daughters a little older - 2y and 5y -

For 1500 Euro, surely they send a team to fit it for you? :crazy

Sorry, I can't help, but I think their website should provide a bit more detail on how it fits - I assume it uses the awning rail then, so if you have a factory fit Omnistor rollout awning, it's not going to look as smart as the pictures do anyway?

Do you have a rollout? If you do and it does fit that way, are you planning to remove it or use a kador-type arrangement attached to the Omnistor?

Ian

Many thanks I'see what they say + gybe I really like the look of the awning and setup without poles etc

It does look very smart, good headroom and the way it appears to go right round the drivers door too. I suspect it is meant to be attached to a van without a rollout awning...

Still no sewn in groundsheet, which is a shame.

Good luck, I'm sure people on here would be interested in any info you can get from Gybe.

Once we know how it attaches it will be easier to help re the topper combo question :thumb

Ian

It does look a very smart bit of kit, albeit a tad on the pricey side! Reading through the web content it confirms you can use it as a driveaway, but it doesn't look like it would support an inner tent if you needed some additional overflow accommodation. I guess you'd need to speak to them about the 'welting rail' & the 'fusion panel' to understand how it fits to the Cali. Good luck with your deliberations!
Cheers, David.

I think this tent looks great, but when I spoke to Gybe about how it attaches it emerged that it was very tricky and far from ideal if you have the Factory Awning on your Cali.

If you don't have the factory awning... they have a great solution that literally attaches front to rear on the vans side with clever arrangements around the bonnet and back door for fixing!!

The quality of this looks great too!!

If I didn't have the factory awning, I would have one of these instead of my Vango AirBeam!!

Quick reply from Gybe - think if you have the factory awning then this needs to be in, you can then use side rail, but if you have lugs to hold down the Mutze cover then this will not work. Only option maybe for Gybe to add anchor points along rail edge I guess!

thanks for the inquiry to the GYBE bus tent.
Unfortunaly you have only two option
- you can use the C- rail on the roof, but then you can not open the roof.
- you can use the california multirail, but then you have to put away the awning.

Sorry, but this is the only way it works.

Don`t hesitate to contact me for further information.

I'd love to see one in the flesh!!