Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

H & C running water in a Beach.......

R

Richard

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
........well, in the awning anyway! We have just bought a Hozelock Porta Shower (£27) which will provide pressurised cold water on tap, and an Addis 5 litre Thermo Pot (£65) which will dispense hot water at the press of a button. The Addis interested us because it only uses 680 watts to initially heat the water which is then maintained at a set temperature (programmable, 40 to 98 celsius) for instant use. Burco type boilers use a 3kw element which is of course too much for most hookups. The only catch with the Addis is that it has to boil the water first and then lets it cool before maintaining the chosen temperature. Presumably it boils the water first for sterilisation purposes. The Addis has a locking lid and a two buttons to press to get water pumped out, but it might not be advisable in an awning if toddlers are running about? We just take a water can and kettle if we are touring doing mainly one or two night stops, but don't mind carrying an awning and extra gear for convenience for longer stays. Hope this is of interest to forumites, but also hoping no better ideas emerge as a result of this post or earlier threads because we have spent our money................

where does the used water go without flooding your pitch

Hi Andy / Meoncoast, we use a black 10 litre (diesel type) can with a funnel for waste water which we take to a disposal point perhaps once every couple of days. Waste water is generally just from cooking and handwashing, its the washing up which generates most water and we usually do this using the site washing up facilities. Incidentally, while on the subject of waste disposal we use an Outwell Collaps box with a lid for non recyclable gash waste and a large pop up garden waste container from B&Q for recyclable items.

I usually have a bath once a year whether I need it or not, so I wouldn't really want such a device. :)

Anyway, if you are on an EHU why not use the site facilities?

It sounds interesting but I don't see the point of it. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hi Andy / Meoncoast, we use a black 10 litre (diesel type) can with a funnel for waste water which we take to a disposal point perhaps once every couple of days. Waste water is generally just from cooking and handwashing, its the washing up which generates most water and we usually do this using the site washing up facilities. Incidentally, while on the subject of waste disposal we use an Outwell Collaps box with a lid for non recyclable gash waste and a large pop up garden waste container from B&Q for recyclable items.
I think the questioner wanted to know how the water from the shower was collected?

Maybe wrong but I think he is using the shower system for a cold water supply rather than having cold showers!

"We have just bought a Hozelock Porta Shower (£27) which will provide pressurised cold water on tap"

portashower.jpg

Think when in need of 5liter hot water i boil myself 5 ketlles ....Or walk to the showerblock when on a site...

Correct Gazellio, I did not think anyone would think we would be cold water showering in the awning! Yes we use the site facilities for showering.

Sorry to go with the consensus but the last thing I think I'd need in a Beach is running hot (or cold) water?!?

I spent ages building a kitchen unit with sink and (cold) water tap in our Beach but we just used 2 litre water bottles refilled on site in the end and changed when too crumpled... ;)

We did the same even with the full fat Cali SE.

I still don't understand what the water is for?

That's why we bought the Beach as we never used the taps in the two SE's and rarely used the hob.

If it works for you Richard then that's all that matters. We all have different methods.

We also have a Beach and when on EHU we just use an electric kettle filled up from plastic bottles from a supermarket. We also previously owned an SE and did the same in that. Not once did we use the water tanks, sink or tap.

My SE Zebedee has never been used for the water supply. We have used a water bottle, Collaps washing up bowl etc. however I wouldn't be without the cooker inside, we have camped all months if the year and in the Spring, Autumn, Winter or a rainy day it is invaluable

We use the Colapz water carrier - takes no space when stowed and is big enough for cups of tea etc.

Back