Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Halfords Fingerprint T-Bar Steering lock

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I would not normally look to Halfords for security however this looks like a good little deterrent, not main line security. Bio metric up to 20 fingers!. Interested to know if anyone has used one or any first hand knowledge.

1586588520250.png

Is there a manual release if the scanner or electrics fail?

Is there a manual release if the scanner or electrics fail?
No Idea, I don't have one but hoping some member may have purchased one so we might have an Idea of pros and cons.

The manual on Halfords says there is an emergency USB key. Again this would rely on the internal electrics. I love gadgets and tech. However if I was away travelling in Europe and it failed it would probably be a nightmare to remove.

No Idea, I don't have one but hoping some member may have purchased one so we might have an Idea of pros and cons.

The best thing about them, is the actual visual deterrent ...
Be interesting to know if there is a way to release it, if the scanner fails...?

If the fingerprint reading is as reliable as my phone and iPad I would forget it.

Really...?
I’ve not noticed any problems with mine.
Actually thought it’s pretty good

Really...?
I’ve not noticed any problems with mine.
Actually thought it’s pretty good
To be fair, probably due to my thumbprint being unclear after doing work in garden, dry skin, but the phone reading area is so small it takes a few attempts and is quicker to use PIN.

The manual on Halfords says there is an emergency USB key. Again this would rely on the internal electrics. I love gadgets and tech. However if I was away travelling in Europe and it failed it would probably be a nightmare to remove.
I‘d stick with a conventional key lock, another key on the van key fob is no big deal .... keep it simple.

I‘d stick with a conventional key lock, another key on the van key fob is no big deal .... keep it simple.

Perhaps it’s over-engineering...
Simple key, job done.

My in-laws have a kettle with more buttons than space rocket...
I don’t understand it. Surely you just wanted boiled water...?
:veryfunny

Perhaps it’s over-engineering...
Simple key, job done.

My in-laws have a kettle with more buttons than space rocket...
I don’t understand it. Surely you just wanted boiled water...?
:veryfunny
If all else fails ,fingerprint, usb, key the angle grinder will sort it.

If the electrics fail cut both sides of the lock, you could still drive and think you're Knight Rider :cool:

Back