Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hallo All

Hobbit's Mum

Hobbit's Mum

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hallo, I've just joined and have been asked to introduce myself, so here goes....

I am a middle aged mum of 2 with a husband who loves camping and who dreams about a long ago summer in France with a very old and tired van with a mattress in the back! He has wanted a camper van for ages, but didn't truly want it to be a camper, more a general vehicle with the capacity to carry bikes in the back (has a pathological hatred of bike racks) but also to sleep in.

So...after initially looking at camper conversions, then thinking about just buying a Kombi & fitting a sliding Reimo bed & getting it lined, he came around to the idea of a VW California Beach. My influence has been towards having more comfort and more storage and this was a good compromise .

We were looking at the used market and have just bought a 2013 T5 Beach. Thankfully it has the rear heating and front swivel seats, and he chose one full a full width bed as he is 6 foot 8. It looks great and we can't wait to try it out as soon as we have a free weekend!

A warm welcome to you and yours.

The Beach is a superb all rounder and you would be hard pressed to find a task that it doesn't do well. The only essential feature that you really need for all year round use is the auxilliary heater. So congratulations on finding one with this rare feature.

I hope that you all have many happy adventures in he/she/it.

Great stuff , some say....
France is lovely but you got take the Frenchmen with it ...
Your dream of heading to France is soon to come thru.....

Welcome. If dreams are what you are looking for then there are plenty in France and other places too. Adventures are to be found wherever you are. Enjoy your Cali to the max. :welcome

:welcome You're going to have a blast... as soon as you can find a weekend! Welcome to the forum meanwhile.

Thank you very much for your warm replies - this seems a great place for tips and ideas :thumb