Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handy bike covers

helpful, thank you, I'm after a cover that will fit bikes on a tow bar mounted rack.

I noticed what looks like a handy bike cover' especially if your bike is worth a couple of quid. Have a look at https://bikeparka.com/collections/bikeparka/products/urban. Bike parka offer a few different colours in the range, and different sizes to fit your bike
Thank you this one looks good (great website too). Am I right you have to go for the XL version to fit two bikes (MTB f.e.)? I think this one looks "nicer" and is less expensive than the Thule Bike cover (I used to have one from Thule) however big DH bikes won't fit together so you have to buy 2.

Edit: https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/moto...cessories/thule-bike-cover-_-thule bike cover

Last edited:
I noticed what looks like a handy bike cover' especially if your bike is worth a couple of quid. Have a look at https://bikeparka.com/collections/bikeparka/products/urban. Bike parka offer a few different colours in the range, and different sizes to fit your bike
helpful, thank you, I'm after a cover that will fit bikes on a tow bar mounted rack.

I think you will find that very few bicycle covers will cope with the slipstream forces experienced on a tailgate or towbar mounted bicycle rack when on the move.

Unless sealed very well then road dirt/water will find a way in.

Would it be possible to fit the bike to rack clamps without cutting a hole or holes to pass through to second or 3rd bikes?
Can't see if that's intended to be for rack use.

Would it be possible to fit the bike to rack clamps without cutting a hole or holes to pass through to second or 3rd bikes?
Can't see if that's intended to be for rack use.
It isn't. It's for your local bike park, at home or at work.

Unfortunately not for Towbar racks. Might do for the tailgate VW Bicycle Rack.:thumb
I only tried it on once on my Atera with a mtb&"citybike" (in fact i never used it in action): it is not superb as it is open at the bottom. So when it is raining the bikes won't get wet from rain however from the dirt of the street. Not fun and I am fine without a cover as my bike is often dirty and get washed afterwards anyway.
a565e3cb0de3f1872b5e971f8933d6e4.jpeg

Hi Paul, this cover shown ,is there access for the Thule attach bars or does the cover have to be cut ?
It looks very fit for purpose.
Sorry, no idea. I don't use a cover as it obscures the Reversing camera. Our bikes aren't expensive and seem to survive without. When I did use a cover, as it wasn't sealed underneath they still got wet.

We had the Fiamma cover and it lasted around 500 km on the Autobahn. We got a refund when we came home from our holyday. Then we used a (old) motorbike cover - it lasted even a shorter time.

I am really in search for a cover that can cope with the forces from the slipstream. The cover you address @Denzilgts is looking interesting. But it is the sems that are the weakness.

IMG_4300.JPG IMG_4301.JPG IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4303.JPG

Also fancy a practical bike cover.
Got them sorted in my flat and now on my bike rack.

a21f6cea2ee3bde1103c37052683cc79.jpg

9245dba0708d332dafb7b51d8862191d.jpg

You can see why I've opted for the tow bar rack.

Mike

Just bought a VW carrier (like old T5) and saw your pic as I am now looking for a cover to keep out most of the road dirt from bearings etc. In which countries is it mandatory to have the warning sign. I hear Italy and Spain need it. Others?
Sorry, no idea. I just put it on regardless outside the UK.

Just bought a VW carrier (like old T5) and saw your pic as I am now looking for a cover to keep out most of the road dirt from bearings etc. In which countries is it mandatory to have the warning sign. I hear Italy and Spain need it. Others?
As far as I know, Italy and Spain.

I don't think there are others. In Italy the warning sign must be aluminium, what I don't know is how strictly that rule is enforced.

I don't think there are others. In Italy the warning sign must be aluminium, what I don't know is how strictly that rule is enforced.
Not very much for the Italians. Judging by the lack of them on the Italian motor homes at the campsite we stayed at last year, but all the foreign registered vehicles were using them.

As far as I know it's only Spain and Italy who requires a sign by law. And to confuse things, it's not the same sign …

EDIT: Well I just see all already answered … ;-)

Back