Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anybody fitted one of these please (Pedal lock)

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Pedal lock..So many thefts .Is it any good.

Screenshot_20190621-203443_Chrome.jpg

Got one on my Defender there a pain in the arse ......to fit and to store...I’m sure T5s or 6s get stolen like Defenders ...California’s are cat 1 factory

Dont want sound stupid but what's cat 1 factory......

January and I have not tested the alarm.
I was seeing on the other clubs sites alot of MOHO stolen

Sorry If I have used wrong forum. I just thought beginner

Screenshot_20190622-055814_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah a factory cat 1 is a alarm and immobiliser together....the cat 2 is just the immobiliser .
The factory cat 1 is as good as it gets apart from a tracker...
But these days if they really want something they will use devices to de activate the alarm this it when you would find use for a pedal lock.
But they really are a pain ..and big too

View attachment 46519
It is probably easier to rotate the driver's seat, then push it back, arm rests up, handbrake on, and recline, before locking and deadlocking the doors. It's what we do.

Any would be thief would then have to find a way to open the driver's door before working out how to rotate the seat to forward facing. If I were criminally minded, I'd be minded to simply move onto an easier target.

I agree with Armarillo it's a lot easier, I also have a standalone battery operated alarm with sensor as soon as the door opens and it detects movement it sounds its own little alarm dead simple and I hope it would be effective as it has scared the living daylights out of me on a couple of occasions when I forgot it was in there :D

I agree with Armarillo it's a lot easier, I also have a standalone battery operated alarm with sensor as soon as the door opens and it detects movement it sounds its own little alarm dead simple and I hope it would be effective as it has scared the living daylights out of me on a couple of occasions when I forgot it was in there :D
I use a heavy duty motorcycle lock to fasten through the steering wheel to the driver seat base frame ... steel
The thief has to chop up the steering wheel or seat frame
Remember that nothing is safe from a determined thief and an angle grinder

Get something visible, fitted to the steering wheel and maybe coded without a key in case keys get stolen, they will then move on to someone else’s , plus trackers are relatively cheap to fit yourself and plenty places to hide with power supply to keep battery topped up

I have a Safe T Pedal which is the same sort of thing on my T25 (as the security is very poor on those). They are very effective but quite large, heavy and take up quite a bit of space.

I’ve had a Tracker fitted, not going to stop anyone stealing it, but a very good chance I’ll get it back quickly. May add a security device, but fed up of buying things and trying to find space for it tbh.

View attachment 46519
All depends how you use the vehicle. Additional security measures must be used every time the vehicle is left unattended otherwise it is useless. The Bearlock and Ghost are relatively easy to use and engaged automatically. Anything else can become a bind and if you are targeted and they want it they'll just wait for the right moment. Otherwise good insurance is the key.
If you store the van for prolonged periods then the Pedal Lock or a security post can be useful. Most other systems are easily overcome for a professional and only give you peace of mind rather than enhanced security.
None of these systems stop the vehicle being broken into. I work on the premise if it is stolen, I don't want it back. So use it and good insurance.

All good measures.Our Cali is garaged at the mo and we are moving so it will be on a driveway.

All the ideas sounds good..The metal post .Has anybody got one.

I use a Bulldog Euroclamp for 4x4. Clamps to rear wheel. When not in use it goes in the boot. Highly visible deterrent.

I use a Bulldog Euroclamp for 4x4. Clamps to rear wheel. When not in use it goes in the boot. Highly visible deterrent.
did you purchase this from Halfords as they seem only to have the 'standard' ... not the 4x4 ?

did you purchase this from Halfords as they seem only to have the 'standard' ... not the 4x4 ?
We use the ‘Maypole’ wheel clamp & steering wheel lock, both good visual deterrents & reasonably priced. We got ours from ‘Go Outdoors’

I use Stoplock Professional on Cali and other cars. Previous cars also. Nice and visible. sits between seats when not in use.

Had a pedal lock on previous Defender, as mentioned before not the easiest to put on take off, but then its not supposed to be.

Stoplock Professional NOT the basic model. You don't need the van Elite version for a Cali

I thought I had already replied to this but it would appear not. Sorry. I got my 4x4 version via Amazon. Lube the lock fairly frequently and watch your sleeves when putting if on or off if you have a mucky vehicle. I put mine on the rear as there is more room between the wheel rim and brake disc.