Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone bought one of these?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Recently I've been looking into either making or buying a slide out boot tray for our Beach. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these trays from this supplier. Compared to other offerings on the market it doesn't seem to be that outrageously priced and looks to be well designed.

https://www.california-camping.de/n...-dreierbank.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

If anyone has one I'd welcome your thoughts re quality, practicality and value for money please. Also, how easy it it to fit and is it robust enough?

Many thanks.

If anyone has one I'd welcome your thoughts re quality, practicality and value for money please. Also, how easy it it to fit and is it robust enough?
We bought ours from these Germans. I think they're all similar, just make sure you get one with an internal depth of 80cm, so you can use standard Euro crates. We wouldn't want to live without ours. They're very easy to install and so far ours is faultless.

I think @Kmann has one of those but in his Ocean .
May be wrong , he will pop-in soon and correct me if wrong.

I think @Kmann has one of those but in his Ocean .
May be wrong , he will pop-in soon and correct me if wrong.

I build ours myself. Not that comblicated really but our freinds got the one from the grman forumshop. Really well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like this but I see it’s out of stock. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this but I see it’s out of stock. ☹️

Yes, but I am hoping that they will be getting some more in soon. They appear to be well made from alluminium and stainless steel materials. However, I would like to hear from someone who has actually bought one in order to get an honest appraisal.
After much thought on pull out trays, I like it's dimensions and construction but especially the use of the Multiflex board to secure it in place. Its simplicity is a joy. However, I'd like to find out if there are any down sides or quality issues and how it performs in use.

I’m guessing the dimensions still allow the downstairs bed to be made up.....

I also have the calicap one, expensive but wouldnt be without it especially when pouring with rain and you need to get something from the back.

You’d likely get better responses if you put the item name in the thread title rather than a generic question.

I’m guessing the dimensions still allow the downstairs bed to be made up.....
If you can afford another 500 euros you can use this bed which lets you leave the shelf in the high position, giving you more storage height - day and night.
For half the money we got this one but that seems to be unavailable at the moment.

If you can afford another 500 euros you can use this bed which lets you leave the shelf in the high position, giving you more storage height - day and night.
For half the money we got this one but that seems to be unavailable at the moment.
I’ve got a beach so no height adjustability for me. ☹️

One possible compromise I can see (but perhaps owners will tell me if it IS a compromise or not) is that when the bed’s not made up downstairs, I slide the 3 seat bench back to give lots of room in the seating area. I’m guessing that if this is 800mm deep, it would restrict that option.

One possible compromise I can see (but perhaps owners will tell me if it IS a compromise or not) is that when the bed’s not made up downstairs, I slide the 3 seat bench back to give lots of room in the seating area. I’m guessing that if this is 800mm deep, it would restrict that option.

This is one thing I am worried about losing too much space in the seating area the Calicap.de website has it in different sizes from 600,700, 800 and 1000 deep when I measured mine for a 800 sized one there was a gap of about 100 mm from the front edge of the multiflex board (multiflex fully made up) to the back of the 3 seat bench there is a good diagram at the bottom of the page on this web site which is quite handy which shows you all the different variations in sizes and the effect it has on space but if I want to save that 100 I think I would order a 700 deed shelf but still not sure. :(

Recently I've been looking into either making or buying a slide out boot tray for our Beach. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these trays from this supplier. Compared to other offerings on the market it doesn't seem to be that outrageously priced and looks to be well designed.

https://www.california-camping.de/n...-dreierbank.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

Many thanks.
Check out ultimate storage t6 and you will see how a proper pull out drawer works minus the microwave as has been swapped for a second fridge freezer.
Have seen a few on from Germany but don't hold items up high have to use seperate boxes .not a mm to spare on this build .

I can testify that the Calibed gives very good comfort. Has now used mine for four weeks in a row and it is really good. Much better than the VW comfort mattress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone thought about having a shallower drawer but, with 2-way sliders?
(I believe they’re used on utility vehicles to access drawers from either side of the vehicle)

That would allow you to slide stuff right to the back (big stuff at the front can be reached anyway), then drawer back to the front (of the boot) when you wanted more living space. (You’ll still be able to move the bench backwards)

Still a compromise, but drawer wise, not space wise.

It’s all planned perfectly in my head but that’s probably where it’s staying.

Back