Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone else done this

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
A couple of weeks ago I had a dash cam fitted by my local dealer , wen I was on my way I looked at a suitable location and as I did not want it to get in the way of the window blind I decided to have it fitted on the left hand side of the interior mirror told the tec to fit it there and he agreed saying it would be out of the way less distraction for the driver !! Well while out today I was adjusting the mirror and noticed it was blocking the camera fitted on the left hand side of the mirror has anyone else done this

A couple of weeks ago I had a dash cam fitted by my local dealer , wen I was on my way I looked at a suitable location and as I did not want it to get in the way of the window blind I decided to have it fitted on the left hand side of the interior mirror told the tec to fit it there and he agreed saying it would be out of the way less distraction for the driver !! Well while out today I was adjusting the mirror and noticed it was blocking the camera fitted on the left hand side of the mirror has anyone else done this

It sounds as if it is situated in pretty much the same as ours. It's very discreet from the outside but it leaves it for the passenger to 'read' the camera. No major harm done though and the camera still does its job :)

I have fitted mine to the same area it is behind the mirror I can see it is working which is all I need to do also the front blinds function when pulled across

No you misunderstood there is a forward facing camera fitted in the interior mirror which works with the lane detection

No you misunderstood there is a forward facing camera fitted in the interior mirror which works with the lane detection
I put my Sanef Tag on the left in the hatched area and the Dash cam on the right.

However, the camera for lane change is not in the mirror itself but the mount behind the glass.

I am not sure there is a sensor fitted on the rear of the interior mirror my dealer thinks its the mirror dimming if that's the case I will not bother just I was concerned about what it was the instruction book is unclear and did not want to block anything that would stop something concerning safety

I am not sure there is a sensor fitted on the rear of the interior mirror my dealer thinks its the mirror dimming if that's the case I will not bother just I was concerned about what it was the instruction book is unclear and did not want to block anything that would stop something concerning safety
Yes, the light sensor for the mirror dimming is in the rear view mirror, all the assistance sensors/cameras have to be fixed and calibrated so wouldn't be in the mirror as you can move it about.

I hired a T6 recently (as you can see I'm looking to buy) and after witnessing a car/cycle accident whilst in my car the day before, I decided that taking my cheap dash cam with me was a good idea. It just suckers on to the screen like a tom tom so its removable at night.
Point being... a temporary and cheap camera option could be a way to go for some owners.:thumb

I hired a T6 recently (as you can see I'm looking to buy) and after witnessing a car/cycle accident whilst in my car the day before, I decided that taking my cheap dash cam with me was a good idea. It just suckers on to the screen like a tom tom so its removable at night.
Point being... a temporary and cheap camera option could be a way to go for some owners.:thumb
Type/Link please?

Back