Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone had their VW corroded roof repainted 'privately'?

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
ie just given up on VW and got a skilled body shop to make good the roof and re-paint? I'm looking at one with a view to potentially doing this.

2iv215w.jpg

20jjx4w.jpg

Are you going to get the front section sprayed? Why are you not getting it replaced under warranty? Once you go it alone VW won't be inclined to honour the 6 year roof warranty. Then you'd be stuck with the old corrosion trap front section.

Are you going to get the front section sprayed? Why are you not getting it replaced under warranty? Once you go it alone VW won't be inclined to honour the 6 year roof warranty. Then you'd be stuck with the old corrosion trap front section.
They won't be replacing the front section. The new repair is just a tidy up and a plastic colour coded cap bonded on. Not all of the new repairs look that good to be honest.

Probably not a long term keeper, may just buy this for summer hols as I did last year. The way VW is dealing with all this it won't repaired by them until the new decade!!!

Hence maybe a pre holiday tidy up as the rest of the van is spot on spec for what we need but have to factor this work into negotiations. Anyway off to view in the morning. ':)

IMHO once the corrosion has taken hold, the problem appears to become maintenance rather than cure. Don't think there are many cases where full repair has stood the test of time.

Well I bought it!*** Van is awesome and just the spec we wanted with a cracking deal and loads of extras. The roof is not nearly so bad in real compared to the close up digi pic so will get this registered with VW and await the outcome - que sera sera!

{EDIT}

***No we didn't... :(

Last edited:
Congratulations.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro