Has this been lowered / styled? Bamboo van at Liverpool

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Any of the 'younger' crowd (!) help me understand if this 4 motion Ocean has been styled (chrome / spoiler mods) and lowered.
It's was sat at Liverpool VW Van centre when I went to check my new van over. I'm not generally a fan of modding, but it looked quite a bit cooler than my van (same colour / wheels etc) so I may treat myself to a few goodies.... View attachment 29957

2018-02-12 12.41.31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like its been lowered, it also has the chrome strip in the lower front valance, but not on the doors...
LED lights, wind deflectors on front windows, chrome side rails, ha, and a huge cup of coffee on the front reg plate :thumb

looks like its been lowered, it also has the chrome strip in the lower front valance, but not on the doors...
LED lights, wind deflectors on front windows, chrome side rails, ha, and a huge cup of coffee on the front reg plate :thumb
Yikes, that adds up to a bunch of £££. Thanks though for the shopping list. Any guess if its the VW springs (30mm?)?

Yikes, that adds up to a bunch of £££. Thanks though for the shopping list. Any guess if its the VW springs (30mm?)?
not too expensive, the main item will be the lights which are ££££s, agreed.Checking if its lowered is hard to tell but its sits quite low so most probably, this they can do in house (they did it to mine at Liverpool before i took delivery of it last year) all i would say is check a few things before you have it lowered, as i found out....1. affect the tracking and 2. knock the headlight sensor out on the rear arms meaning that you can check slates out on peoples roofs at night, and dazzle every on coming motorist. Chrome trim is relativity in-expensive to retro fit, and id like to know about the lower kick bars as i fancy them as well! The possibilities are endless, it depends how deep your wallet is!! The cup of coffee will be around £3 (sorry i had too)
There are 1000s of threads on here, but a member (Gazellio) has recently carried out a lot of mods to his beach so its worth finding the thread he did not to long ago (Beach/Bulli thread) which goes into lots of detail about fitting most of the above, costs and of lots of interesting ideas.

Is the Chicken off to Nandos or about just entering the hatching area?

The Chrome Sidebars don’t appear to be VW but 3rd Party. This can be problematic as some prevent you using the normal jacking points.

Is the Chicken off to Nandos or about just entering the hatching area?
It’s for checking the emissions, they’ve run out of monkeys :D

Looking at the rear wheel arch, I would say it wasn't lowered.

Any of the 'younger' crowd (!) help me understand if this 4 motion Ocean has been styled (chrome / spoiler mods) and lowered.
It's was sat at Liverpool VW Van centre when I went to check my new van over. I'm not generally a fan of modding, but it looked quite a bit cooler than my van (same colour / wheels etc) so I may treat myself to a few goodies.... View attachment 29957

View attachment 29959
Strange, your van looks greenish on your post in your other thread; whereas this one looks blue!

Take it everything was ok with yours on the viewing?

Strange, your van looks greenish on your post in your other thread; whereas this one looks blue!

Take it everything was ok with yours on the viewing?
Yes all good thanks. The van in this thread was parked at the entrance. It did a good impression of grey in certain lights too. I think it is very much dependent on what it is parked next to.

Maybe just the bars give the allusion that it’s lower to the ground
I was half hoping the owner would be on here and could tell us for definite. I was watching a car styling program on TV today where they said that dark colours OVER light colour make a car look lower, which if it's true, may be of use to buyers of two tone vans. The bright bars may visually lower it?

The front chrome strip can be purchased as a separate item on ebay for around £90. I think it's normally part of the from new factory fit chrome pack.

I can't really tell if it's been lowered, as previously mentioned the bars may just give this impression. That said we had our factory lowered (see pic) and it's quite subtle. We also have those wheels and tyres which look to have a lower profile when muddy.

Bamboo Green is a superb colour in my opinion – sometimes it looks blue and sometimes green depending on the light.

T6 with 30mm springs.jpg

That looks fabulous. At first glance, Grey!

How are you finding the lowered ride?

I notice you have (I think) the Kylie (old T5 style) bike rack rather than the Quasimodo. Did you seek that out?

Paying £90 for a chrome strip makes me feel better about the simplehuman kitchen bin I've just bought (sorry 'invested' in).

I notice you have (I think) the Kylie (old T5 style) bike rack rather than the Quasimodo. Did you seek that out?

Paying £90 for a chrome strip makes me feel better about the simplehuman kitchen bin I've just bought (sorry 'invested' in).

We also had the heavy duty anti-roll bars. The springs were fitting a month or so later as they were out of stock. I must admit I didn't notice a massive difference to the handling after having the springs fitted leaving me to believe the upgraded roll bars make the most difference. That said I don't chuck to van around the corners like I did my previous vehicle which was a Mini. The ride is quite 'crashy' on poor road surfaces. I can't really comment on driving a Cali without the lowering springs.

The bike rack was the last of the old ones. I really wanted the new version as it has more versatile fixings for carrying mountain bikes but I prefer the look of what I have and it does the job.

Hi All,
The van in Liverpool belongs to me. In because someone run into my side panel , so kitchen, wardrobes, rear seat & roof had to be removed to replace the biggest panel on the van, luckily it wasn’t my fault, but £8k worth & 6 weeks in dock!
Yes it has been lowered by 30mm, side bars and front grill strip from Van Style, any other questions feel free to ask.

Well done Brian Bongo for spotting the thread! And thanks.
Did you do the lowering... So you could compare the before and after ride.... Or you you only got to experience it already lowered?

I love the look you've achieved. Hope the repair job went well. Looked a nice job from my quick glance. The centre are very proud of their bodyshop.

Hi 2into1,
Yes, I had it lowered and it did seem to make a difference to the body roll. Apparently, it was ‘a pig of a job’ because of the 4 motion, but I’m very happy with the slightly lowered stance.
I’m picking my van up on Monday, thank god, just in time for the new season, cheers BB

2099569C-E160-4E48-AC96-EB9CAA108844.jpeg

We also had the heavy duty anti-roll bars. The springs were fitting a month or so later as they were out of stock. I must admit I didn't notice a massive difference to the handling after having the springs fitted leaving me to believe the upgraded roll bars make the most difference. That said I don't chuck to van around the corners like I did my previous vehicle which was a Mini. The ride is quite 'crashy' on poor road surfaces. I can't really comment on driving a Cali without the lowering springs.

The bike rack was the last of the old ones. I really wanted the new version as it has more versatile fixings for carrying mountain bikes but I prefer the look of

mines lowered nice I think the 18 inch wheels make a difference as well a factory lowered vehicle

Back