Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hazard triangle

Hermes

Hermes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just bought a new T6 California Ocean and love it. I am not technical at all and wonder if anyone can advise me on a technical matter please? Every time one if the doors open on my Cali the red hazard warning triangle lights up the alarm does not sound and the lights go out within a few minutes. There is nothing in the manual about this. I am hoping it is normal and it’s just advising me a door is open but could anyone confirm this for me please as I m concerned there maybe something wrong? Thank you.

Hello Hermes and welcome on your first post.

No nothing is wrong. Plenty of tips on the board and loads to read in the manual. Pay particular attention to the section on raising the roof properly, especially in the wind and how to look after your leisure batteries. Basically stick the Cali on charge once a month.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's normal.
Opening the doors seem to put the T6 into a heightened state of alertness, which is as you describe. It will go back to sleep after a couple of minutes - you may hear an electronic click that seems to come through the speakers as it goes back to restful mode.

I think the hazard warning switch lights up when the door is opened so that anyone finding the van crashed and in a dangerous position can see where the switch is more easily.

Hello Hermes and welcome on your first post.

No nothing is wrong. Plenty of tips on the board and loads to read in the manual. Pay particular attention to the section on raising the roof properly, especially in the wind and how to look after your leisure batteries. Basically stick the Cali on charge once a month.
emoji106.png

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It's normal.
Opening the doors seem to put the T6 into a heightened state of alertness, which is as you describe. It will go back to sleep after a couple of minutes - you may hear an electronic click that seems to come through the speakers as it goes back to restful mode.
It's normal.

Thank you so much. Perhaps you can give me a lesson in technology so I can understand how to use the site! I’m really a technophobe!

Back