Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HD Roll Bars, comfot light plus

M

major

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We have a CaliO 4Motion on order.
I keep seeing HD roll bars mentioned, can't see them on vw's configuration, nor where they offered at dealer - is this option still live / worth it ?
'Comfort plus' - dealer said all caliO's come with it (lights up top and cupboard) even though the spec sheet says just 'comfort' - any others with same feedback?
Thanks!

My 4 motion is on order as well and the dealer configurator had the HD anti roll bar something I have selected. Mine goes into build wk 37

My 4 motion is on order as well and the dealer configurator had the HD anti roll bar something I have selected. Mine goes into build wk 37

Looks like a third re-spec then!

Things might have changed on the T6, but when I ordered my 2014 4Motion, HD anti-roll bars were standard on the 4Motion.

hd anti- roll no longer available on the beach so I guessing its the same. Only DCC is the available upgrade

hd anti- roll no longer available on the beach so I guessing its the same. Only DCC is the available upgrade

Was told DCC is not an option on oceans (just standard t6’s) however HD roll is, and has been added.

Definitely worth it not happy with my ride on the beach without it. I had it t32 and ant-roll on my t6 shuttle before

Was told DCC is not an option on oceans (just standard t6’s) however HD roll is, and has been added.

I think your dealer is rather clueless. DCC was available although i elected not to go for it for various reason primarily I would put the money towards VB air

I was thinking down the line I’d like to look at air (few more adventurous roads), is DCC not compatible?

Things might have changed on the T6, but when I ordered my 2014 4Motion, HD anti-roll bars were standard on the 4Motion.

Must have changed or else I have been charged for something thats standard.

I was thinking down the line I’d like to look at air (few more adventurous roads), is DCC not compatible?

No its not, so if you have DCC then Air is no longer a possibility according to VB anyway.

Must have changed or else I have been charged for something thats standard.
That wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.

No its not, so if you have DCC then Air is no longer a possibility according to VB anyway.
I got VB air suspension on my last Ocean. Improved road holding and the auto level is handy.
Thought I’d specced DCC on the one ive just got, a 4motion, but I hadn’t which was as well because as Legin says you can’t have VB air suspension with DCC and I want it.

I got VB air suspension on my last Ocean. Improved road holding and the auto level is handy.
Thought I’d specced DCC on the one ive just got, a 4motion, but I hadn’t which was as well because as Legin says you can’t have VB air suspension with DCC and I want it.

Can I ask how much it cost? Where you went?
How's your new 4Motion working out? :)

VB air suspension (fitted) £5060. This is by Full Circle Enterprises of Banham, Norfolk. A 25% deposit is required and it takes 20 working days to get the kit then 3 days for fitting.
It improved road handling and ride greatly. It has an auto level suspension setting which is great although a couple of chocs would be less expensive! Did a trip round Southern Europe in May/June. April/May 2017did a trip round Morocco without the air suspension.
4Motion is an all round better ride although I haven’t had the air suspension fitted yet.
I’ll let you know later in the year as I’m off to Morocco again mid October, this time daring to go further into the Sahara. Vague plans to carry on to Spanish Sahara, Mauretania, Senegal and Gambia, vamos a ver!

VB air suspension (fitted) £5060. This is by Full Circle Enterprises of Banham, Norfolk. A 25% deposit is required and it takes 20 working days to get the kit then 3 days for fitting.
ver!
Thanks for the info, great stuff.
I would be very interested to see how the van takes the Sahara, sounds like a great trip you have lined up. You bringing a big brush to keep the sand out? :)

Getting a snorkel fitted by RocaSilva in Almeria to keep sand out of the engine and to cope with the odd flash flood.

Majority seem to rate VB which was why I had it but nothing but problems, now going to the expense of having it replaced.

Majority seem to rate VB which was why I had it but nothing but problems, now going to the expense of having it replaced.

Can you elaborate please before I spend my hard earned on something I may regret. When you say replaced to you mean back to steel ?

Please tell! I take it you wouldn’t recommend air?

Definitely not standard on 2017 spec. only standard ones.

Can you elaborate please before I spend my hard earned on something I may regret. When you say replaced to you mean back to steel ?
Some problems were installer related but one front strut was faulty from new, intermittently had no damping whatsoever, replaced after a few months. Sport mode only useable on good A roads or motorways. crashed and bounced on any other roads.
I found the rear shockabsorbers had the same problem as the front one, intermittent no damping. couldn't drive over 40mph on B roads. VB replaced them and big improvement but front still remained underdamped.
After more than year of getting nowhere with VB dealer(s) and not even the courtesy of a reply fron VB UK. I've had the front replaced by ABP Bilstien struts and the difference is amazing. Supplier said that he was surprised how bad my vehicle was prior to replacing the struts.
I'm now biting the bullet and having all of the VB system replaced. Not easy admitting to the family or myself that I wasted £5K.

I might be a one of (ABP supplier said that they are replacing quite a few) with problems but ran into a brick wall in trying to resolve it with VB.

Mmnnn. Your experience has dampened my enthusiasm for VB air.
Thank you for the input

Mmnnn. Your experience has dampened my enthusiasm for VB air.
Thank you for the input
I'd suggest having a visit to Stanced UK in Reading to see what can be done/offered. Not my supplier but same system as I'm now having and they seem nearest to you, might be another one closer. As usual there are plenty of 'Cowboy' outfits about.

VB is only one with autolevel but that can be done manually with a spirit level and a few button presses on other brands.

HD antiroll bar (ARB) isn't on the VW internet options.

H&R ones can be found for a fitted price of circa £400 from various suppliers. This is the same price as many who only supply them for you to either fit yourself or pay for fitting by a Professional.

Back