Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

head lights light up when un locking

Shorts2000

Shorts2000

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

When i un lock the van i would like the head light to come on is this possible ? For info i have LED but not auto lights

I think it can only be activated if you have automatic lights, i.e. the control unit needs to know when it's dark to switch the lights on when you unlock.

It's normally one of those options through the setup menus from the radio head unit...

Not sure where you are located?

Search for a company called. “Hazzy Days” based just outside StAlbans Hertfordshire.

they can retrofit the auto lights & carry out coding necessary to activate the function you mention

I can confirm that my T6 Beach, factory fitted LED lights with factory “Auto“ lights function have the “coming home” function & the “leaving home“ on unlock function.

here is a link - not sure if you have to have the auto wipers with the upgrade, I’m sure they used to have just the auto lights listed but I can’t find that as a stand alone.

probanly worth a call.

hope that helps and gives you a steer in the right direct

Yes it is possible to retrofit

Last edited:
Hi

When i un lock the van i would like the head light to come on is this possible ? For info i have LED but not auto lights
Not very camper friendly on a campsite? Unless of course the function can be switched off when camping.

These functions could be enabled via the Carista App and Carista OBD dongle on the T5.1 and T6 at least, and you don't need the Auto Lights Option to use this function. Just programming the BCM via Carista or VCDS, possibly other OBD software can do it also.

Lights

Daytime running lights
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
*YES* / NO

Coming-home lights (req. auto headlights or manual flick of high beams)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights)
ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Coming/leaving-home lights use…
LOW BEAMS / *FOG LIGHTS*

Coming-home lights duration
10 SECONDS / *15 SECONDS* / 20 SECONDS / 25 SECONDS / 30 SECONDS / 35 SECONDS / 40 SECONDS / 45 SECONDS / 50 SECONDS / 55 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS

Leaving-home lights duration

10 SECONDS / *15 SECONDS* / 20 SECONDS / 25 SECONDS / 30 SECONDS / 35 SECONDS / 40 SECONDS / 45 SECONDS / 50 SECONDS / 55 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS

Last edited:
Not very camper friendly on a campsite? Unless of course the function can be switched off when camping.
Can be switched off , the function is limited to a short period of time and can be disabled

I can concur with the above three contributors having LED headlights with auto facility that the fog and sidelights come on when when the camper is unlocked and it is dark.

Can be switched off , the function is limited to a short period of time and can be disabled
see my amended post. Carista can do it on the T5.1 or T6 at least and no need to have the Auto Light Option installed.

On my T6 they come on if the light switch is in the Auto position but are off if the switch is the Off (manual) position.

I'd have thought that LED package included the auto lights?? Penny pinching if not.

Last edited:
Yes, but you need to pull your stalk :oops: to activate it if you don’t have the auto function.
I think I can manage that when I get home.;);)

On my T6 they come on if the light switch is in the Auto position but are off if the switch is the Off (manual) position.

I'd have thought that LED package included the auto lights?? Penny pinching if not.
Same on my T5.1 with Auto Lights. If the switch is in the off position they don't come on when the van is unlocked.

Back