Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlights main beam

calimera

calimera

Vehicle
Cali now sold
As stated by other T6 owners the main headlights are poor . We have only recently discovered how poor when driving the country lanes round us . In fact managed to knock the passengers wing mirror ,needed a new plastic mouldings to the back. The hedge/ stone wall jumped at us.
Is there any value in changing the bulb ? If so ,what ?
Many thanks
Mandy.
Happy Christmas & great Cali adventures in 2017 everyone
Xx

You could fit an H7 HID upgrade kit to main beam only.
I did this to Mrs Loz's previous Smart and they were amazing.

You may need to check which headlamp bulbs you have, the manual lists H7 and H4. The bulbs you might want to upgrade to will need to be of the correcting type I think.

You may need to check which headlamp bulbs you have, the manual lists H7 and H4. The bulbs you might want to upgrade to will need to be of the correcting type I think.
I think it's H7 for the twin headlights (part of my exterior package upgrade on the Beach); H4 (twin element) for the standard single headlight.

What about option to upgarde do LED lights? Do you need anything more to do / change or just new lights?

I'm sure hazzydayz did a proper upgrade for the T5 and the cost was around £3k!

Changing the bulbs will help - nightbreakers have a good reputation and made a difference in a skoda I had

I did not go for the super bright one - I think they were +30%. They seemed to last ok. I think the brighter you go the shorter the life though, so it's a case of finding the balance.

Back